Joelinton

Stifler

3 hours ago, KaKa said:

You lot and the fucking Tories man :lol:

Always whining and bitching about them all the time. Utterly pathetic! 

Out of interest, and entirely unrelated of course, what was your view on Bolsonaro’s people storming government and court buildings? 

2 hours ago, KaKa said:

Okay ... but how is going on about in on a football forum helping. 

To raise awareness? To find like-minded people who are concerned? To discuss it in a group to see how others are dealing with it? To test whether your opinions and feelings are shared in common? To seek comfort in knowing that others also find it hard? 

Needs a lyric change to ''He's Brazilian, we think he's fucking brilliant, except when he's been drinking, it's Joelinton''

Probably best if we dont over react to this, his breath reading was 43 so in the first band of the calculator that goes from 35 to 59. That's a 12 month ban and a fine. Speed kills more on UK roads than alcohol and if you drive, you've broken the speed limit. 

He made a mistake, he should donate a big chunk of his salary to a charity, do some re-education. The ban and the fine is his societal punishment, he deserves additional punishment from the club given his role etc. Announce it, one match ban and move on. 

3 minutes ago, Adam P said:

Speed kills more on UK roads than alcohol and if you drive, you've broken the speed limit. 

That's a shit argument if you're trying to suggest speeding is worse than drink driving.

If everyone speeds, as you suggest, but only a tiny percentage drink drive, then of course speeding is likely to kill more (I haven't checked).

If 100 people speed as "normal" drivers do, and 100 people drink drive, I'd expect waaaaay more accidents from the drink drivers.

2 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

If you were to ask me to name three geniuses, I probably wouldn't say Einstein or Newton.

I'd go: Milligan, Cleese & Everett. 

Pure excellence. If my only contribution to this discussion is Manuel getting clobbered with a spoon, i'm fine with it.

2 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

That's a shit argument if you're trying to suggest speeding is worse than drink driving.

If everyone speeds, as you suggest, but only a tiny percentage drink drive, then of course speeding is likely to kill more (I haven't checked).

If 100 people speed as "normal" drivers do, and 100 people drink drive, I'd expect waaaaay more accidents from the drink drivers.

I was trying to suggest that speeding kills more people than alcohol so its worse for society and most if not all drivers have done it. I like your maths, i got lost statistically though. 

1 hour ago, Adam P said:

I was trying to suggest that speeding kills more people than alcohol so its worse for society and most if not all drivers have done it. I like your maths, i got lost statistically though. 

Is actually the same issue isn’t it? Consider most if not all drunk drivers speed

1 hour ago, Chris_R said:

Nearly every car I pass , the driver is looking down (texting) 

Eyes not on the road. 

Huge issue , I don’t know the number of phone related deaths but I know it’s on the increase.

Ps - I don’t condone either 

in my eyes speeding / drinking / texting are similar as all breaking the law.

Some May say texting is worse as the driver isn’t even looking at the road 

1 hour ago, Theregulars said:

Out of interest, and entirely unrelated of course, what was your view on Bolsonaro’s people storming government and court buildings? 

What in the actual fuck is this? :lol: Why would Kaka have an opinion about something in Brazil? 

1 minute ago, JonBez comesock said:

Nearly every car I pass , the driver is looking down (texting) 

Eyes not on the road. 

Huge issue , I don’t know the number of phone related deaths but I know it’s on the increase.

Ps - I don’t condone either 

in my eyes speeding / drinking / texting are similar as all breaking the law.

Some May say texting is worse as the driver isn’t even looking at the road 

I was crossing the road the other day at a stop light, and there was a guy with an ipad balanced on his lap, and he had a video game on there while driving. I'm guessing he was glancing down and playing it anytime traffic slowed or he came to a brief stop. That's how bad things are getting with these devices.

1 minute ago, Theregulars said:

Oh - I thought he is Brazilian!! My mistake. Basically trying to out him as the fascist he’s coming across as.

:lol: words like fascists are thrown around so easily nowadays.