Joelinton

Stifler

Just now, TheBrownBottle said:

Given I’m on Eastern Australian Time, I’ve just hopped back on here and I’m confused.  I think we’ve now agreed that Joelinton is a fascist, Kaka both is and is not Brazilian, and drink driving is more fun when you’re speeding.

Or have I got my wires crossed?

Literally every possible position is represented somewhere here

Bruno Willock Longstaff is an ok midfield to put out. Isak, Wilson and Almiron up front.

Joelinton isn’t a bad option to bring on if needed, but then also, we may not need so in that case Howe will just leave him sitting.

4 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Given I’m on Eastern Australian Time, I’ve just hopped back on here and I’m confused.  I think we’ve now agreed that Joelinton is a fascist, Kaka both is and is not Brazilian, and drink driving is more fun when you’re speeding.

And if players don't get suspended for cat-kicking then they shouldn't be suspended for drink-driving. 

If the club have a policy on stuff like this to suspend players then he will (and should) be suspended, or if Howe thinks it's worthwhile to the squad to do so.

There's really no need for us to ban him just for the sake of banning him. He'll lose his licence, be fined, and has been shamed in the media, it's probably enough like [emoji38]

Edited by Hanshithispantz

10 hours ago, The Prophet said:

So do we think Joelinton will play on Sunday?

No, but it looks like Eddie is genuinely unsure of his decision. I think he needs to make his mind up soon, if he hasn't already.

I can understand the different lines of argument, but my gut feeling is that the club needs to publicly recognise that the player has committed a significant offence. We often say that there are issues that are bigger than football, and I just feel this is an occasion when we have to live up to that. Ultimately, there are benefits in showing we can rise to our responsibilities.

Just for one match, that's all.

23 minutes ago, Myleftboot said:

I get the impression Eddie doesn’t want to drop Joelinton for the game. Wether he plays I think depends on Joelintons mindset.

Yeah, 'we'll see' sounds more like it's Joe's mindset rather than a disciplinary decision 

11 hours ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Nailed it mate ? Football frolics and life lessons. All in one place! 

I think the seriousness of the situation will be handled by the police and the courts. He sounds very remorseful and upset, it may have been an over confidence thing like he didn't think he was over the limit at all or underestimated his abilities. 

Not condoning it at all, but he will face the consequences of his actions just like everyone else that does it and gets caught doing it. But each "job" is different and it's down to the club and Howe and how they think it is appropriate. Not everyone would even tell their job it's happened and nothing would affect them at work apart from serious questions of why they can't drive anymore. 

It's not a grey area because he is being punished. Whatever Howe and the club decide I support. And I hope he learns a valuable lesson from this and grows up. And never does it again. 

I really dont think he'll play tomorrow like. I dont think he should. Clearly there'll be some sort of team conduct agreement to which you'd expect drink driving to be a part of. Anyway, it's not a good look for the club if there if hes sent straight out to play. 

We'll miss him but Im more than happy for Willock to slot into midfield and ASM to come in on the left. 

4 hours ago, Cronky said:

No, but it looks like Eddie is genuinely unsure of his decision. I think he needs to make his mind up soon, if he hasn't already.

I can understand the different lines of argument, but my gut feeling is that the club needs to publicly recognise that the player has committed a significant offence. We often say that there are issues that are bigger than football, and I just feel this is an occasion when we have to live up to that. Ultimately, there are benefits in showing we can rise to our responsibilities.

Just for one match, that's all.

I'll be very surprised if Howe hasn't already made his decision. Saying he hadn't is a way of avoiding press scrutiny.

5 hours ago, Myleftboot said:

I get the impression Eddie doesn’t want to drop Joelinton for the game. Wether he plays I think depends on Joelintons mindset.

4 hours ago, 1964 said:

Yeah, 'we'll see' sounds more like it's Joe's mindset rather than a disciplinary decision 

EH confirmed in the press conference Joelinton wants to play Sunday. So I doubt it’s that.

Firstly you never want to give the opposition any knowledge of your team early. Also to confirm immediately a decision would reflect poorly on EH as the more it looks like it’s being  prolonged the more thought it looks as if he’s given it and less time outsiders can rock the boat pre match.

He’ll be on the bench at least unless those above EH request otherwise. Maybe even unused if possible. Would be very surprised he’s not in the squad.

5 hours ago, Doctor Zaius said:

I really dont think he'll play tomorrow like. I dont think he should. Clearly there'll be some sort of team conduct agreement to which you'd expect drink driving to be a part of. Anyway, it's not a good look for the club if there if hes sent straight out to play. 

We'll miss him but Im more than happy for Willock to slot into midfield and ASM to come in on the left. 

I think Eddie might put Willock back into midfield and bring Maxi in. We'll lose some steel, but will be exciting to see Maxi and Miggy 2.0 on the wings.

Ivan Toney played and scored, despite being on 252 charges. Thomas Frank has backed him all the way as well. I'd rather the club make Joelinton do hundreds of hours of club-based community service than drop him from games, if he's mentally up to starting.