Joelinton

Stifler

34 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Oh, absolutely. But it was still a different role from when he played as a pure CM.

I think he's only played centrally once (middle of the 3) away at Leeds and it did t last too long.

Brighton exploited his weaknesses yesterday, they pressed and closed him down quick whenever he received the ball in our half because Joe is weak at those short intricate passes to get himself out of trouble. I can think of maybe 2 or 3 occasions where he had 3 of their players on him and he ended up losing the ball in a bad area. An absolute physical unit as we all know but always has been technically limited.. he’s been off it for a couple of games so far this season. Needs to get back to his best.

Edited by Nine

14 minutes ago, madras said:

I think he's only played centrally once (middle of the 3) away at Leeds and it did t last too long.

We started Maximin at LW at the start of the season. In our losses we started either ASM or Gordon at LW. We also played 5 games with Isak out wide. In all the games I included we started a different player at LW.

Edit: Yes, but I didn't mean central of the middle 3. You know what I meant.

Edited by Erikse

5 minutes ago, Erikse said:

We started Maximin at LW at the start of the season. In our losses we started either ASM or Gordon at LW. We also played 5 games with Isak out wide. In all the games I included we started a different player at LW.

Edit: Yes, but I didn't mean central of the middle 3. You know what I meant.

I honestly didn't. A pure CM to me is the middle, not those on either side that regularly pull very wide. Sorry for the confusion 

13 minutes ago, madras said:

I honestly didn't. A pure CM to me is the middle, not those on either side that regularly pull very wide. Sorry for the confusion 

Sure, don't know if the term "pure CM" is even a thing anyways. What is a pure CB then? Neither LCB or RCB? Who knows:iamatwat: Guess I was supposed to say LCM.

Edited by Erikse

4 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Sure, don't know if the term "pure CM" is even a thing anyways. What is a pure CB then? Neither LCB or RCB? Who knows:iamatwat:

I'd say Bruno last season was a pure CM. I dont even think he knows what he is this season, poor bugger.

Edited by madras

47 minutes ago, Erikse said:

Sure, don't know if the term "pure CM" is even a thing anyways. What is a pure CB then? Neither LCB or RCB? Who knows:iamatwat: Guess I was supposed to say LCM.

There is a difference between CMs and CBs in a defensive and midfield 2 as compared to a 3. Azpilicueta and Reece James can play as RCB in a defensive 3. But neither are CBs in a defensive 2 / back 4. Likewise Howe seems to like Willock in a midfield 3 at LCM. But doesn't seem to play him when in a midfield 2. He has played Joelinton and Bruno as a 2 before iirc. 

• 2 weeks later...

Was injured, travelled, played, made injury worse. This is the problem when you get decent, players get called up for national sides and are desperate to play, even when they probably shouldn’t. Massive respect to Botman for pulling out the Dutch squad.

He looked shattered before the international break. Needed to rest. I can understand him wanting to play though as he's only recently been called up. But sadly it's proved to be the wrong decision - he'll be gutted to miss the CL games. I feel for the lad. ?

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

You disagree? The qualifiers could be all done in the summer, it would actually give these federations a product to sell as well rather than the rubbish which is currently server up. 

I absolutely disagree. Qualifying to the World Cup is a journey in itself, wanting a national team to play 18 games in the summer when the local league is in full flow and injuries to certain player could affect the whole journey is quite frankly ignorant and idiotic. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

You disagree? The qualifiers could be all done in the summer, it would actually give these federations a product to sell as well rather than the rubbish which is currently server up. 

Players would've had to play games on a regular basis all year in that case.. No break or holiday.

17 minutes ago, Flip said:

I absolutely disagree. Qualifying to the World Cup is a journey in itself, wanting a national team to play 18 games in the summer when the local league is in full flow and injuries to certain player could affect the whole journey is quite frankly ignorant and idiotic. 

I agree with not shunting the qualifiers to the Summer but why does it have to be 18 games ? Why not have 2 qualifying groups,