Joelinton

Stifler

I’ve got a certain amount of sympathy for him, he’s been parachuted into an absolute shitstorm, new country, new league, new culture, new language and he’s playing for and being coached by utter fuckwits. It must be even worse with a £40m price tag dangling from his neck but he’s looked awful. I feel for him but there’s got to be a limit. There’s only so long the difficulties can be used to excuse him and his dreadful play. I like him and hope he comes good but he’s looked absolute dogshit whenever he’s had the ball at his feet or he’s had a chance in the box.

Agree with this. Whilst the circumstances aren't the best, he hasn't shown a semblance of real actual ability in 6 months. I'm convinced we've paid £15 million max for him, there's just no reasoning behind him being worth any more than that. We also don't pay more than that. Even at that price, he's been a massive disappointment so far.

Found myself watching Rondon's highlights from last year to remind myself what a real number 9 looks like.

His hold up play was exceptional. Joelinton is a shadow of the player in every single department. I don't even think he could outpace Rondon ffs.  :lol:

I’ve got a certain amount of sympathy for him, he’s been parachuted into an absolute shitstorm, new country, new league, new culture, new language and he’s playing for and being coached by utter fuckwits. It must be even worse with a £40m price tag dangling from his neck but he’s looked awful. I feel for him but there’s got to be a limit. There’s only so long the difficulties can be used to excuse him and his dreadful play. I like him and hope he comes good but he’s looked absolute dogshit whenever he’s had the ball at his feet or he’s had a chance in the box.

Agree with this. Whilst the circumstances aren't the best, he hasn't shown a semblance of real actual ability in 6 months. I'm convinced we've paid £15 million max for him, there's just no reasoning behind him being worth any more than that. We also don't pay more than that. Even at that price, he's been a massive disappointment so far.

Hoffenheim have said it’s the most they’ve received for a player so the minimum we’ve paid is around £30m. I think the fees being bandied about are true.

I disagree somewhat. He looks like he has good feet to me, you see glimpses of it during a match with a deft touch or a flick, but more often he is just physically outmuscled. He looks like a typical foreign player who enjoyed extra time on the ball on the continent, but hasn't coped with the speed of the English game. There was plenty of similar comments about Perez for the last few years, now we are thinking £30m was a bad deal.

Guest chopey

I think he suffers from the same problem as Riviere in that he has absolutely no power in his shots, he can't strike a ball hard or fast enough to have the ability to score goals at the top level 

Guest chopey

His top 5 goals on Youtube are basically scuff shots with him falling over and a header that a traffic cone could score because the cross was that good

Hoffenheim have said it’s the most they’ve received for a player so the minimum we’ve paid is around £30m. I think the fees being bandied about are true.

Which would make the whole deal even stranger.

His top 5 goals on Youtube are basically scuff shots with him falling over and a header that a traffic cone could score because the cross was that good

I did say this a while ago but yeah, they're awful for a top 5.

I disagree somewhat. He looks like he has good feet to me, you see glimpses of it during a match with a deft touch or a flick, but more often he is just physically outmuscled. He looks like a typical foreign player who enjoyed extra time on the ball on the continent, but hasn't coped with the speed of the English game. There was plenty of similar comments about Perez for the last few years, now we are thinking £30m was a bad deal.

In a wide role where he’s not with his back to goal and a 6’3 centre-back up his backside he might stand a chance. It’s very similar to the Tomasson situation.

There’s no sugar coating it anymore. Has to be dropped. His attitude is all wrong.

I think Ashley thought or was led to believe he was signing a Richarlison type player who’s value would sky rocket even in a poor side.

Maybe there’s a player in there somewhere but we’ll not see it.

Rafa would have dropped him already. But Bruce will have to eventually, and this might be the first strain between him and the board as am sure he’s been told to pick him.

I’d say the deal was for 40m depending on hitting many targets which haven’t happened so it’ll be about 20-25m fee that’s been spent. Which is still mental given how bad he’s been.

Can't see where he fits in.  No good as the lone striker, no good playing off the striker or out wide because he doesn't have any pace or tight control.  He reminds me of Ameobi, no power in his shots despite the physique and no real determination in what he's doing. a bit like when Shola used to fuck up a move and sit on his arse laughing about it

Can't see where he fits in.  No good as the lone striker, no good playing off the striker or out wide because he doesn't have any pace or tight control.  He reminds me of Ameobi, no power in his shots despite the physique and no real determination in what he's doing. a bit like when Shola used to fuck up a move and sit on his arse laughing about it

Shola was 5 times the player than this lad!

I noticed that as well, but assumed our scouts must have done much more extensive research. You wouldn't recommend spending £40m on a player who can't shoot.

We all know Big Mike won't squander money in a hurry, as a result he values his scouts opinion even higher than world class managers.

Shola was 5 times the player than this lad!

Only good thing about Sherla was his penalties. Can't see this lad even being good at that.

He has to put more effort in. He never looks to be giving 100%. Did anyone see when Shelvey pulled up in the Leicester game he stopped to stretch his leg out a couple of times but still managed to run back to defend ahead of this fella before they were even at the half way line.

He has to put more effort in. He never looks to be giving 100%. Did anyone see when Shelvey pulled up in the Leicester game he stopped to stretch his leg out a couple of times but still managed to run back to defend ahead of this fella before they were even at the half way line.

Bruce can coach him to put in more effort, that is why you hire a top manager, to get the best out of your expensive investment in players.