Joelinton

Stifler

Bruce and McLaren are the total opposites.

McClaren was well known for being decent with the cones and had a decent knowledge of the game. He was just a complete wet paper bag with no man management or motivation skills.

Bruce, on the other hand, is a "mans man" like Souness, all motivation and "in the trenches" craic, with no real skill or knowledge of the modern game.

I noticed against Leicester on new years day, Bruce was straight over to Rodgers, "all the best", he said referring to the new year, shaking his hand like a long lost brother. It might seem picking at little things but to me Bruce has no game face. The opposition is your enemy, as far as I'm concerned, until after the match.

There are some on here that are so desperate for him to prove he is genuinely a 40 million pound player that they actually can not or will not admit this player is rubbish.  How many times do you want to see him play for goodness sake?  I'm not trying to sound clever and so much the wise one but I had him sussed after 5 games.  This bloke has NEVER or will EVER be a centre forward/number 9.  A big bloke but a hopeless header of a ball, does not hold up play well at all (I can't believe some posters on here that think otherwise), does not run the channels and his movement inside the 18 yard box is non existent.  He is not a goal poacher and he has no turn of speed.  Do you need any more proof?  He has 1 goal for God's sake!

I am genuinely disappointed by the quality of comments here. I won’t waste time to defend for Joelinton but if you are criticising how shit Bruce tactics is then you shouldn’t blame any players who could not perform.

Asking Joelinton to do Carroll’s job is just fucking insane. And the fact we are playing a tactic that requires Carroll to shine worths to be relegated.

Feel free.

I am genuinely disappointed by the quality of comments here. I won’t waste time to defend for Joelinton but if you are criticising how shit Bruce tactics is then you shouldn’t blame any players who could not perform.

Asking Joelinton to do Carroll’s job is just fucking insane. And the fact we are playing a tactic that requires Carroll to shine worths to be relegated.

Feel free.

I don't understand why it's so hard for people to see this, but just let them vent man.

It's so interesting because I look at Firmino, who Joelinton was compared to in Germany, and everyone loves him now, but he has grown into the excellent player he is. He also clearly benefits from a system that allows him to drop into space and create for both Mane and Salah. It's perfect for him.

Do you really think if Firmino had come to this ridiculous club he would be what he is now? Or anything even remotely close. Even if Liverpool gave us Firmino right now do you think he would be upfront alone in our system doing what he does for Liverpool?

The whole thing just makes me laugh. Let's wait and see if anyone will ever perform for this joke of a manager. I really hope we get Giroud like a lot of people are hoping, so I can have a good laugh when he's up front for us looking ridiculous too.

There's merit in Joelinton being incorrectly utilised and just generally shite like. He's as flat footed as I've seen a striker, doesn't follow shots in or gamble on anything in the box. If he had those instincts he'd have scored a couple more by now, even despite Bruce's neanderthal tactics and trying to use him as a battering ram when he's not suited to it.

yeah as always two things can be true at the same time, thing is we know bruce is proven garbage but 6 months is no time to declare any player new to a league/country finished is alls i'd say

doesn't look a natural goalscorer/no 9 to me, which isn't his fault if we've bought him to be one, but that doesn't mean under competent coaching we can't ever find a role for him that he'll thrive in

That chance he missed at the weekend was horrendous, he done well to make the space to get the shot off but I'm pretty sure that not once did he even glance up to see where the goal was.  I know most forwards have the instinct and 'know where the goal is' but christ, it gets worse every time you want it.  It looked harder to miss.

Guest Howaythetoon

Bruce being a shit manager doesn’t detract from the player’s inability to shoot properly, lead the line or put in some real effort. He obviously lacks confidence right now and his head drops easily. But anyone with something about them will keep going. Look at Miggy. Joelinton will go down as the biggest flop in our history, sadly, it’s all too predictable because he is never a centre-froward, never a 40m player and should never have been signed in the first place. Rafa and Rondon was of course the obvious investment...

Feel free.

Insane comment. He can't strike a ball properly FFS.  :lol: :lol:

Feel free.

Insane comment. He can't strike a ball properly FFS.  :lol: :lol:

i mean i agree to an extent to but you have to put that down to confidence surely, there's no way he's got to where he has in world football if he's completely unable to kick a football :lol:

Aye, he's definitely not a no. 9

yep. a jon dahl tomasson for our age.

JDT was a good player though. Would have been great alongside Shearer.

Yeah  I always thought he was a good finisher, just wasn't cut out for Dalglish's system of playing four defensive midfielders across the park. Another horrible manager, and we seem to employ most of them at one time or another.

Aye, he's definitely not a no. 9, I think there's some talent there though and in the right setup he could be a useful player. Never worth £40m though :lol:

What makes you think theres talent there please tell because I've seen nothing in this fella that I haven't seen in a lad that plays in the northern league

That chance he missed at the weekend was horrendous, he done well to make the space to get the shot off but I'm pretty sure that not once did he even glance up to see where the goal was.  I know most forwards have the instinct and 'know where the goal is' but christ, it gets worse every time you want it.  It looked harder to miss.

Was absolutely embarrassing just like when he headed it clean out of play. The people on here making excuses for him are as embarrassing as that shot. The lad cant kick or head a ball properly hes honestly no better than lads operating at league 2 or non league level. Played against Rochdale yet was shown how to do it by 40yr old Aaron Wilbrahamn

This transfer should be investigated as something is very very wrong with it

'Mongs' :lol: settle down man.

People realise a lot of it's down to how he being used etc but there's still no excusing how bad he's been at times.  I've never been a big fan but kept relatively quiet about him, but that miss on saturday, I just can't get my head round.