Joelinton

Stifler

I thought JDT was a terrific player, unfortunately due to Shearers injury he was pushed up to play as a number 9 which just didn't suit.

absolutely the exact point i was trying to make when i brought up tomasson. joelinton might be a decent player, but there's zero possibility of drawing a firm conclusion either way under present circumstances.

:thup:

This is where I am at the moment. I've seen some really nice touches and flashes of skill, but also some weak shooting and general lack of killer instinct you would expect in a striker. But the good bits make me want to see him succeed and hope it is just a case of being new to the league and having to cope with poor supply and movement around him.

I thought JDT was a terrific player, unfortunately due to Shearers injury he was pushed up to play as a number 9 which just didn't suit.

absolutely the exact point i was trying to make when i brought up tomasson. joelinton might be a decent player, but there's zero possibility of drawing a firm conclusion either way under present circumstances.

:thup:

This is where I am at the moment. I've seen some really nice touches and flashes of skill, but also some weak shooting and general lack of killer instinct you would expect in a striker. But the good bits make me want to see him succeed and hope it is just a case of being new to the league and having to cope with poor supply and movement around him.

why is this so hard for some to understand, the SELL HIM NOOOWWWWW mob blow my mind

'Dodgy' is a dangerous term but the whole thing feels pretty disingenuous. Christ knows the full reasons for why the sale had to go through at all costs. Seems pretty clear to me that there's more to it than A, him being a good fit for the team (lol) and B, the usual shtick of trying to make a profit. He was a massive punt, even at £20m, and the transfer had been lined up for months. Ashley was desperate for it to go through, having previously had no input into specific transfers. Desperate enough to lose a world class manager over it. Smoke/fire n all that.

Him and ASM having the same agent is one of the dodgy bits imo and that we spent so much money on both within a couple of weeks of each other.

Obviously ASM looks like he could be value for money unlike Joelinton currently

I can't actually find anything online which qualifies this thing about them having the same agent. Waugh said they were both represented by ROGON Sportmanagement (specifically Christian Rapp), based in Germany, and there's some quotes from Rapp when the Joe transfer happened - but ROGON doesn't list Saint-Maximin as a client on Transfermarkt. So unless ASM is with Rapp independently from ROGON, I'm starting to wonder if it's actually true.

I can't actually find anything online which qualifies this thing about them having the same agent. Waugh said they were both represented by ROGON Sportmanagement (specifically Christian Rapp), based in Germany, and there's some quotes from Rapp when the Joe transfer happened - but ROGON doesn't list Saint-Maximin as a client on Transfermarkt. So unless ASM is with Rapp independently from ROGON, I'm starting to wonder if it's actually true.

There's stuff on the ROGON website and Instagram about ASM. I'm sure ROGON used to be on his transfermarkt but doesn;t seem to be any more

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2osyW5IQYQ/

There's stuff on the ROGON website and Instagram about ASM. I'm sure ROGON used to be on his transfermarkt but doesn;t seem to be any more

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2osyW5IQYQ/

:thup: Cheers, never thought to look on Instagram.There you go then.

Clubs using the same agencies is bound to be commonplace but it confirms immediately - as if we needed it - that we're fucking off the concept of identifying players to suit a footballing agenda and style of team. It's just business.

Whether or not there's anything more disingenuous about it, we don't know, but the fact it was blatantly wrapped up earlier in the year - despite Bruce having the final sahahaHAHAHAHAOURGHH -- ahem, excuse me -- final say - in addition the the fact that Ashley was so desperate to get it done having never had an input on individual incomings, plus the fee, plus the fact he's wank, plus the fact we've never spent anything like this before... you've got to wonder.

Also bear in mind prior form

On 1 September 2008, Gonzales joined Newcastle United on loan until the end of the season. This move was the final straw for the latter's manager Kevin Keegan, who claimed he was forced to sign the player by executive director Dennis Wise after only seeing him play on YouTube, and believing the former was not good enough for the team

A Premier League tribunal confirmed in October that the loan signing had been against manager Keegan's wishes, and was in breach of his contract, resulting in a compensation payout to the manager. The deal was reportedly done by Wise and Mike Ashley as a "favour" for two South American agents.

19 games without a goal is shocking. Needs dropping, loaned out or sold. Take the hit, move on. Whatever talent he has it won't come out in this environment, not after that shite start, there's no way back for him. Feel sorry for him but Ashley must be gutted, so not all bad.

19 games without a goal is shocking. Needs dropping, loaned out or sold. Take the hit, move on. Whatever talent he has it won't come out in this environment, not after that shite start, there's no way back for him. Feel sorry for him but Ashley must be gutted, so not all bad.

Nobody will thrive in this environment. It's all just rats in a maze. And any who are smart enough to work this out are instantly sold for profit.