Joelinton

Stifler

New low

It really is. We’re in a situation where people would rather have Shola. :anguish:

I'm right though. Joelinton has had enough chances. He is turbo shite, no other way to describe this situation.

Yes I appreciate having Bruce isn't ideal for player development, but he just doesn't hit the ball hard enough. No conviction in his strikes, and his effort level isn't good enough.

Shola was wank but better than Joelinton.

Guest neesy111

It’s a bit like discussing where’s best to sit on the Titanic’s sun deck tbh

Yeap.  None of them should be at the club, but it is what it is.

I’m not disagreeing on what we’ve seen so far. I’m just devastated how far we’ve fallen under Ashley and that there are still people willing to not only support it but give shit to those who are trying to force him out. 

Carroll's our best striker imo, we seem to play better with him.

Although we still play shite it has to be said. If anything the football is even worse when Carroll plays because we just go route one.

Again, I do understand Bruce isn't going to get the best out of Joelinton. Tactical instructions aren't going to be the best, and we don't play attacking football/create many chances.

But still, at least show the effort, at least make keepers make saves. He doesn't do that. His headers aswell are always wank.

Deal stinks.

He has to put more effort in. He never looks to be giving 100%. Did anyone see when Shelvey pulled up in the Leicester game he stopped to stretch his leg out a couple of times but still managed to run back to defend ahead of this fella before they were even at the half way line.

Bruce can coach him to put in more effort, that is why you hire a top manager, to get the best out of your expensive investment in players.

:lol:

Putting a bit of effort in should not need a manager to tell you that ffs. I suppose Bruce should tell him how to score the simple chances he keeps missing too?

Both Bruce and Joelinton are shite.

Again, I do understand Bruce isn't going to get the best out of Joelinton. Tactical instructions aren't going to be the best, and we don't play attacking football/create many chances.

But still, at least show the effort, at least make keepers make saves. He doesn't do that. His headers aswell are always wank.

Deal stinks.

It’s does. I’d love to know the truth behind it all and what Ashley is getting out of it.

I don’t get the effort thing, I think people weirdly conflate not playing well, with not trying.

Loads of times he's not busting a gut to get onto balls.

That should be the minimum requirement.

I don't think anyone who watched yesterdays game could honestly say Joelinton was giving it 100%.

It's slightly unfair to compare two players who have a massive difference in length of time spent at the club, but Shola absolutely wipes the floor with Joelinton, man. :lol:  Shola was strong, decent in the air, a good finisher with both feet, wasn't remotely afraid of big occasions and even had the very occasional bit of flair. He obviously had massive weaknesses; slow, rubbish first touch, cumbersome in possession, injury prone and generally just had dozens of all-round shite performances - to the extent that you'd never want to rely on him as the main man. But I'd take him every time over Joe. Guy's absolutely hopeless.

Put Joelinton around Shearer, Kluivert, Bellamy, Robert, Solano, Speed, Dyer, Robson and put Shola in this setup and I bet things would be different.

Is the right answer.

I've seen too many decent players (Milner, Parker, Wijnaldum, Sissoko, Thauvin) called worse than shite, to know that players shouldn't be judged in shite squads with shite managers. It's never a fair test.

He may be shite, but hes certainly not the problem with the club right now and should not be the focus of fan anger. Deaf ears and all that.

Put Joelinton around Shearer, Kluivert, Bellamy, Robert, Solano, Speed, Dyer, Robson and put Shola in this setup and I bet things would be different.

Things might be different, but he would be the worst player in that attack without doubt.

He's just not that good. He's useless in this setup, in a better setup he'd be a bit better, but what qualities does he have that are exceptional? I'd say none at all.

Ben Afa's class shone through under Pardew, Gini managed 10 goals under McClaren in a poor team. Joelinton though? Nah.

He's definitely shown sparks of ability but it's impossible to know if he'd improve in a better environment. The coaching setup and general hopelessness of the club doesn't help and if he's a confidence player then there's nowhere to fuel that ability right now. The whole situation is an abomination at the moment, it takes strength of character to perform in these circumstances and he's shown none, it's clear he's given up. It's not his fault he's been given a £40m price tag but he's not exactly trying to fight back the hate like Perez did. The deal stinks.

Wijnaldum was top class, you could tell by how he looked on the ball at old Trafford in his first game. The best player we have had in the last 10 years or so for me. What he's gone on to achieve since backs that up

:hba:

Jesus, to think we had Thauvin, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Janmaat, Shelvey, Perez all on the books at the same time and went down. :lol:

Just goes to show that that the best signing you can make is a top manager.

Jesus, to think we had Thauvin, Sissoko, Wijnaldum, Townsend, Janmaat, Shelvey, Perez all on the books at the same time and went down. :lol:

Anyone else see McClaren on Skysports News doing the analysis of the last round of PL games the other day :laugh:

Looked like a right charlatan.

I don’t get the effort thing, I think people weirdly conflate not playing well, with not trying.

Loads of times he's not busting a gut to get onto balls.

That should be the minimum requirement.

That’s partially down to confidence.  When players are bereft of confidence they often stop making the right runs, chances dry up. Not to mention he’s not a natural striker anyway.  He doesn’t have great movement.

We rarely played Sissoko and Wijnaldum in central midfield, mostly playing Anita and Colback.  Throw in very poor GK and CBs & SMC we were bound for the drop. 

I think Bruce would’ve went down with more of a fight.