Joelinton

Stifler

22 minutes ago, McDog said:

I didn't think he was man of the match but he was outstanding.

I thought he was MOTM, there were plenty of worthy candidates, but he dominated that whole left side from front to back.

Just now, TRon said:

I thought he was MOTM, there were plenty of worthy candidates, but he dominated that whole left side from front to back.

Fair enough, I thought Trippier was everywhere and gets my vote. Botman was also right up there. Big Joe was great too. I thought almost all of the team were excellent today.

It was 100% Joelinton 

Lovely header from Trippier to Joelinton, who then played the ball over the top, the entire move was really good

As for Joelinton, he's just bloody brilliant. It's almost a year since he started playing the new role and he's just went from strength to strength. 

It was Joelinton indeed - in the reverse angle replays you can see Big Joe picking himself off the floor (having fallen down in playing the pass) whilst Almiron advances, and Bruno comes in from deeper and further left, behind the referee.

From 9:36 in this video.

I love him more and more every week, and we’ve been saying that for a year now! Class, has it all, does it all and loves the club, fan base and city. Trips, rightly so, is the face of the new Newcastle but for me this guy represents it all! I’ll finish how I started, I love him! 

I know this has been posted elsewhere but does ASM offer the same tactical flexibility as Joelinton on that left side? I'm not sure ASM would be dogmatic enough to keep making that same burst infield all game long that Joelinton did or if he would even have the stamina to do so. 

11 minutes ago, Joey47 said:

I know this has been posted elsewhere but does ASM offer the same tactical flexibility as Joelinton on that left side? I'm not sure ASM would be dogmatic enough to keep making that same burst infield all game long that Joelinton did or if he would even have the stamina to do so. 

As far as the “team” game goes it changes with Maxi on as he creates space through being doubled up on.

I think we’re probably better without him as a “team”

On 15/11/2022 at 07:50, RodneyCisse said:

As far as the “team” game goes it changes with Maxi on as he creates space through being doubled up on.

I think we’re probably better without him as a “team”

No doubt Maxi is insanely talented, but Joelinton is going to give you a solid performance every game. When you are as good as we are we don't need to rely on Maxi bringing his A game to get results just like we did under Bruce.

Chelsea site has the full game with their commentary. Its beautiful to hear them slowly loose their minds at the last 10-15 minutes of play. When Big Joe wins a corner from 2 the Chelsea players at 90+3 their commentator just admits defeat "He is a unit.." 

Makes you smile this fellow.

25 minutes ago, soyt said:

Chelsea site has the full game with their commentary. Its beautiful to hear them slowly loose their minds at the last 10-15 minutes of play. When Big Joe wins a corner from 2 the Chelsea players at 90+3 their commentator just admits defeat "He is a unit.." 

Makes you smile this fellow.

Watching that back at 97:02 DBD gives Havertz another little nudge and ge goes flying, love to see it. Some of their commentary is really good and some of it is hilariously salty. 

Link to full game: https://www.chelseafc.com/en/video/newcastle-united-1-0-chelsea-or-full-match-or-premier-league

Edited by Adam