Joelinton

Stifler

On 07/02/2024 at 18:09, Shearergol said:

Is he fuck worth £160k a week though. He wouldn't get anywhere near that at any other club.

I reckon he'll end up staying with a slight pay increase and maybe a nice little release clause for if Real Madrid ([emoji38]) come calling.

I don't know why he shouldn't be part of this list, £160k a week isn't that much in 2024. Bruno is still underpaid even after his new contract when Rashford, Havertz, Mount and Martial are in the 300k to 250k range somehow. Partey and Thiago (both who I forgot still exist) make 200k.

palkat.PNG.8384fdab9bf22b07f20eb04329993a85.PNG

Edited by Pata

4 hours ago, Pata said:

I don't know why he shouldn't be part of this list, £160k a week isn't that much in 2024. Bruno is still underpaid even after his new contract when Rashford, Havertz, Mount and Martial are in the 300k to 250k range somehow. Partey and Thiago (both who I forgot still exist) make 200k.

Well mainly because of FFP

On 07/02/2024 at 19:21, KaKa said:

£160,000 a week?

I've just had a look at Atletico's wages on Capology.com, and they have 5 players on over 200,000 euros a week. One of which is Morata.

A lot of footballer wages depend on the fee you've joined for and the clubs you've left. 

Morata has bounced between Real Madrid and Juventus before landing at Atleti. And he's the starting 9 for Spain. Of course, he is on megabucks.

I don't have strong views on the Joelinton contract thing. I want him to stay but don't really know what is fair for both parties wage wise. 

2 hours ago, The College Dropout said:

A lot of footballer wages depend on the fee you've joined for and the clubs you've left. 

Morata has bounced between Real Madrid and Juventus before landing at Atleti. And he's the starting 9 for Spain. Of course, he is on megabucks.

I don't have strong views on the Joelinton contract thing. I want him to stay but don't really know what is fair for both parties wage wise. 

Yep, this sums it up pretty well for me :thup:

On 09/02/2024 at 14:12, Pata said:

Bruno looks correctly paid to me - around the Maddison / Paqueta / Mac Allister etc bracket.  Joelinton isn’t in that bracket.  

• 2 weeks later...

We've really missed this guy and with hindsight Phillips was definitely a bullet dodged. But why the fuck didnt we sign a physical nasty CM in January. Even someone on loan from Italy, Spain or Germany would have done. Or one of those shit-house Argentina or Chile type of players! 

1 minute ago, 500bhp said:

We've really missed this guy and with hindsight Phillips was definitely a bullet dodged. But why the fuck didnt we sign a physical nasty CM in January. Even someone on loan from Italy, Spain or Germany would have done. Or one of those shit-house Argentina or Chile type of players! 

money

4 minutes ago, Big Jow said:

He’s worth whatever he asks for at this stage. He’s our biggest injury loss. If we have people like Targett on 100k, I can see why he thinks he’s worth more.

Whilst we are signing up midfielders might as well sign his countryman - Ederson from Atalanta - just the profile of midfielder we need 

Rumours are that he's close to signing a new contract.

Also rumours are that Ashworth was hardballing Joelinton's camp. Everyone else wants Joe to stay so we are now moving closer to his demands than Ashworth was willing to go - £110k p/w from £43k or so.

Whoever gave Targett that supposed £100k p/w 4-year deal (worth 20m) shouldn't be involved in contract negotiations.

18 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Rumours are that he's close to signing a new contract.

Also rumours are that Ashworth was hardballing Joelinton's camp. Everyone else wants Joe to stay so we are now moving closer to his demands than Ashworth was willing to go - £110k p/w from £43k or so.

Whoever gave Targett that supposed £100k p/w 4-year deal (worth 20m) shouldn't be involved in contract negotiations.

Is this the source? Id so take it with an enormous pinch of salt.

ha yeah soon as I seen that post I knew the rumour was going to be that.  They don't know anything and post shit all the time plus it does not even sound like a plausible story in any way.  

9 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Is this the source? Id so take it with an enormous pinch of salt.

Wouldn’t even take it with a pinch of salt I would disregard it completely. 

Bloke is absolutely full of shit

I have no doubt the club wants to keep Joelinton, doesn't make any sense any other way. 

There's no way Dan Ashworth was arguing for keeping a starting PL midfielder on £43k. Maybe there was a debate about the final figure, but that's normal.

I imagine a deal will be reached, Joelinton is essential to how we play and I cant see any other team shelling out for him as he does have his limitations. I think he is just as important to us and we are to him.