Joelinton

Stifler

The problem I’ve got is people have an agenda with him even when faced with improvement. He’s improved since last year but he’s still got a long way to go. It’s good to see numbers backing up what a lot of people thought. Hopefully it continues.

The problem I’ve got is people have an agenda with him even when faced with improvement. He’s improved since last year but he’s still got a long way to go. It’s good to see numbers backing up what a lot of people thought. Hopefully it continues.

I agree, I was just loosely quoting :bruce:

We could also look at some select statistics from the premier league website compared to our actual Striker since they joined Newcastle.

Callum Wilson

Appearances 9

Goals 7

Goals per match 0.78

Shots 18

Shots on target 8

Shooting accuracy %44%

Joelinton

Appearances 47

Goals 3

Goals per match 0.06

Shots 62

Shots on target 20

Shooting accuracy  %32%

He's clearly not a center forward as we all knew from the start. Even Dennis Wise scouting could tell you that. We also didn't need Wilson to come in to show him up either to prove that point.

However he could still be useful in that 10 role driving from deep if he can learn to use that height to hold the ball up better and also someone teaches him how to kick through the ball properly.

All is irrelevant if we ever got taken over however. With only Wilson and ASM I could see worthy enough of keeping if we were to ever go full money splash overhaul.

Here are some numbers for you.  Never in a MILLION years is this bloke worth anywhere near 43 MILLION.  He is average to poor and worth TUPPENCE.

Here are some numbers for you.  Never in a MILLION years is this bloke worth anywhere near 43 MILLION.  He is average to poor and worth TUPPENCE.

Thanks for proving my point :)

Thanks for proving my point :)

:D

We could also look at some select statistics from the premier league website compared to our actual Striker since they joined Newcastle.

Callum Wilson

Appearances 9

Goals 7

Goals per match 0.78

Shots 18

Shots on target 8

Shooting accuracy %44%

Joelinton

Appearances 47

Goals 3

Goals per match 0.06

Shots 62

Shots on target 20

Shooting accuracy  %32%

He's clearly not a center forward as we all knew from the start. Even Dennis Wise scouting could tell you that. We also didn't need Wilson to come in to show him up either to prove that point.

However he could still be useful in that 10 role driving from deep if he can learn to use that height to hold the ball up better and also someone teaches him how to kick through the ball properly.

All is irrelevant if we ever got taken over however. With only Wilson and ASM I could see worthy enough of keeping if we were to ever go full money splash overhaul.

Even Joselu had something like 0.13 goals per appearance average here, over double what our record signing has. :lol:

We’ve had a few no.9’s since Shearer which were not no.9’s. It’s not a big deal. I don’t care how many goals he’s scoring if he’s putting himself about and creating chances, he’s worth a place in the team.

His transfer fee is irrelevant, it was a punt by Mike Ashley that he’d tear up the Premier League and be sold to Chelsea or City the following season for 3 time the amount. Like many of his gambles, it didn’t pay off.

As a squad player he’s going to play his part this season. Get behind him, he’ll start delivering more regularly

Guest reefatoon

I'd have kept the Hos. Good back up plan, can see why Rafa got him in. Type of player who will do a job when called upon,  and not cry if he's left on the bench.

Utter nonsense. He was as effective off the bench as Carroll has been. Absolute nothing player. Get a feeling if it was Bruce who had brought Joselu in you would be singing a different tune. The bloke was proper crap.

We’ve had a few no.9’s since Shearer which were not no.9’s. It’s not a big deal. I don’t care how many goals he’s scoring if he’s putting himself about and creating chances, he’s worth a place in the team.

His transfer fee is irrelevant, it was a punt by Mike Ashley that he’d tear up the Premier League and be sold to Chelsea or City the following season for 3 time the amount. Like many of his gambles, it didn’t pay off.

As a squad player he’s going to play his part this season. Get behind him, he’ll start delivering more regularly

In what world does he have the potential to be worth over £100m? :lol:

I thought he was shite on Friday before his brilliant work for the two goals. I really hope he comes good, but the patheticness of his efforts are baffling from a footballer in any position, never mind an attacker. The effort for his goal was even tame, luckily coming off the defender. Missing the ball totally for the header under no pressure was also unbelievable. Hopefully its a confidence thing and everything turns round now, but it's not very promising when this is happening without the pressure of a crowd.

• 2 weeks later...

Did he really try to backheel the ball when he was one on one in the first half?

No. He was being closed down by two defenders either side of him and tried the backheel to squeeze it between them to Wilson iirc.