Joelinton

Stifler

Don't understand how he could have ever been valued so high, almost seems like there some dodgy dealing behind it with the agent. Rafa was said to have turned him down wasn't he? So almost seems the club we're hell-bent on doing a deal for him, and Hoffenheim saw the money signs in their eyes when we came calling again.

We'd never come close to spending that sort of fee on anyone under Ashley, never even rumoured of, almost felt like it came out of nowhere as well.

Could accept him and his failings more if he was brought in for a £10M squad signing like Muto/Joselu, and mainly used from the bench, but £40M and a season of him not scoring up front, now the persistent shoehorning him out wide is mental.

I thought having Wilson taking the heat might bring out some form but he just doesn’t have it. Not in this league, too slow, not sharp enough, zero ambition to score regularly.

It’s quite frustrating because he seems to have the tools which would make it work for him but he can’t seem to piece it together. I don’t know if that’s because he’s not fit, he obviously was doing something right in Germany.

I don’t dislike him, he always puts a shift in but he’s just not effective.

I think it’s time to move him on.. a better manager might get more from him but I’m really just looking for reasons/excuses.

It didn’t work out.

Aye, today was the final nail in the coffin for me in regards to giving him chances. There's times when I'm thinking he's being alright in games and he may be better under a competent manager, but when I have thought the former he was actually just not being so bad as we're used to seeing; when you're starving you become grateful for just the fucking crumbs. He was outran, outfought and outplayed by Andy Carroll man. Should be a sackable offence to start the bloke.

You simply can't be an attacker with zero instinct, hunger or drive to score. He has absolutely no interest in attempting to score.

He sometimes does well with the ball and can link up nicely and he is essentially no worse than Hendrick when playing deeper but one cost nothing and the other near 40m.

You simply can't be an attacker with zero instinct, hunger or drive to score. He has absolutely no interest in attempting to score.

He sometimes does well with the ball and can link up nicely and he is essentially no worse than Hendrick when playing deeper but one cost nothing and the other near 40m.

Was hendrick even playing? He was totally anonymous. Joe did a lot more than him last night.

Was hendrick even playing? He was totally anonymous. Joe did a lot more than him last night.

Right from the start, I've been one of Hendrick's most vociferous critics, but I thought he did okay yesterday.

He has looked so inhibited in previous games, and you don't expect an experienced player to struggle to find their feet like that. But hopefully, between his ears, he's turned a corner.

Don't understand how he could have ever been valued so high, almost seems like there some dodgy dealing behind it with the agent. Rafa was said to have turned him down wasn't he? So almost seems the club we're hell-bent on doing a deal for him, and Hoffenheim saw the money signs in their eyes when we came calling again.

We'd never come close to spending that sort of fee on anyone under Ashley, never even rumoured of, almost felt like it came out of nowhere as well.

Could accept him and his failings more if he was brought in for a £10M squad signing like Muto/Joselu, and mainly used from the bench, but £40M and a season of him not scoring up front, now the persistent shoehorning him out wide is mental.

:lol:

Around £10m back to the Bundesliga or Eredivisie I reckon.

10m  :lol:

Seriously do well to get someone to take him on loan and pay half his wages, when he does leave it will be on a free at the end of his contract or for peanuts

Well, a bag of peanuts would at least be useful.

Around £10m back to the Bundesliga or Eredivisie I reckon.

10m  :lol:

Seriously do well to get someone to take him on loan and pay half his wages, when he does leave it will be on a free at the end of his contract or for peanuts

Well, a bag of peanuts would at least be useful.

Bruce got a peanut allergy?

We've had loads of blatantly dodgy agent deals. Like Xisco and Luque come to mind. When we spend big it usually doesn't work.

You’ve missed the biggest one of the lot out - Boumsong! Signed by the manager who was best man for the then Rangers owner! £8.5m six months after they got him for nowt!

Ermm sorry like but you are talking shite, Hendricks didnt do much but he had arguably his best game for us last night, he covered more ground than the lazy kernt JL .

JL last night was a disgrace of a so called footballer, get him out of any team and replace with Anderson or anyone in truth.Fraud of a player theiving a living , he is dogshit in every thing he does. Disgusting touch, cant shoot, doesn't work, cant jump, what a whopper this lad is.

Just drop him forever.

I still don’t think the Boumsong one was as bad as it seems. :lol:

He was shite for us but at the time he was a full French international, good age, was linked with the likes of Liverpool and was bossing it for Rangers...If we sold someone like Fraser now a £20m fee wouldn’t be unrealistic for instance.

There has to be something iffy with the deal. Did Hoffenheim need a big fee to balance the books on paper after maybe having a surplus elsewhere they shouldn’t have?

There is just no way any scout could watch him and persuade Mike Ashley to part with 40 million quid. Not a chance.

There has to be something iffy with the deal. Did Hoffenheim need a big fee to balance the books on paper after maybe having a surplus elsewhere they shouldn’t have?

There is just no way any scout could watch him and persuade Mike Ashley to part with 40 million quid. Not a chance.

Same agent as Maxi. Think I’m about to give up on him. His best in the bundesliga a league he is probably more suited too, under a world class manager and his best was 6-7 goals a season? I know he’s young and obviously even younger then but he’s not improving. He’s the same height as Carroll isn’t he? Yet you could argue Gayle is better at being a target man and holding up the ball. He doesn’t have the aggression or knowledge on how to position his body in order to effectively keep the ball up his end of the pitch. Fair enough, he’s not a target man or even a striker, I would expect either a cam or wide player to score/assist  more than he does and also being able to drive us up the pitch. There was a moment we had the ball on the break, normally a good player in this situation would at the very least be able to worry the defence, instead he passed the ball out to Carroll who had very little to aim at.

When you look at the huge loss West Ham have just made on Haller we have to start looking at the same like. Best option is probably loan him to someone in Germany, Holland, Portugal, etc, hope he has a good 5 months and we might get £12-16m back in the summer if we’re lucky (and about 50% of his wages). Club will probably try and get £30-35m for ASM to balance the mistake.

Only running he did was first half when one of the Shitehouse Steve’s shouted ‘Go on Joe’ at him. Didn’t expect our record signing Brazilian forward to be a voice activated early version of a Boston Dynamics Robot.

When you look at the huge loss West Ham have just made on Haller we have to start looking at the same like. Best option is probably loan him to someone in Germany, Holland, Portugal, etc, hope he has a good 5 months and we might get £12-16m back in the summer if we’re lucky (and about 50% of his wages). Club will probably try and get £30-35m for ASM to balance the mistake.

I’m not at all concerned by the supposed loss as the whole thing stinks anyway. What’s more concerning is that he’s taking up a squad place.

They should try and do a swap loan deal, send him to Leicester and we get Slimani for 6 months (which is when his contract expires btw)

I truly hope the rumours of him not actually being £40m and the fee being exaggerated by the club with lots of add ons is true.

I can't think of a worse player in history that has been transferred for such a sum. Sure there's been some shocking transfers over the years but this feels like the most expensive flop if he really cost as much as they said.

He's got to be up there, surely. Really feel like it flies under the radar a bit as well. He's been a fucking horrible signing. :lol:

I mean there'll always be Torres who'll go down as arguably the worst flop when it comes to transfer fee Vs. return, but even he scored somewhere close to 50 goals for Chelsea including some crucial ones in the Champions League. There's Shevchenko for Chelsea as well but, again, twenty-odd goals in a couple of seasons. Hardly the apocalytpically bad return that big Jeff has for us.

Carroll? Kepa, maybe, if we can include non-strikers? Weird ones like Drinkwater, if you can call that a 'flop'? Soldado?

Benteke to Liverpool for 42m is very similar.

Wilfried Bony, Vincent Jansen,Eliaquim Mangala,

All those clubs had a track record of spending decent sized money on players. We didn't, we'd spent god knows how long until we broke our transfer record on Almiron, and years of scrimping.

We blow our whole budget on one signing who plays like Harvey Price with Dwight Yorke's boots on.

I’m not at all concerned by the supposed loss as the whole thing stinks anyway. What’s more concerning is that he’s taking up a squad place.

They should try and do a swap loan deal, send him to Leicester and we get Slimani for 6 months (which is when his contract expires btw)

Doesn’t bother me about the finances either. It’ll be killing one man, though.