Joelinton

Stifler

It’s the same sort of thing as Carroll starting v Brighton because ‘it wouldn’t have been fair’. He had a good game against Newport and Burnley, but Fraser had just come back from a good week with Scotland and Almiron is still a better option. I reckon he’s a good bench player to cover across the front line and who could even start in certain matches, but his selection just sums Bruce up.

• 1 month later...

I'm at the stage now where I'm so disinterested in our performance that I'm not noticing the positive things he's doing in the unthreatening areas. I'm sure they're there from time to time but I'm just seeing him fail in attacking positions.

I generally give a new player a season's grace, however when they carry their first seasons performance into the next then IMO it's not form or adapting that's the reason for their level of performance, it's their standard.

That said, we have an utterly toxic setup totally unaccommodating to adapting players.

Think he's decent enough outside the box, but his shooting is powder puff. Pretty sure I said the same thing about Joselu.

Joselu was head and shoulders above this bloke.

Well I was expecting someone to pipe up with that even as I said it. Not going to argue Joelinton's any sort of striker, but he's still been one of the better footballers from our team today.