Joelinton

Stifler

I don't think he was bought with a single iota of strategic footballing thought. He was a 'replacement' in the sense that he was allegedly a striker, so they'll have been conscious of that, but there wasn't a scrap of "hmm, Rondon's gone and with him all of his attributes, who should we get?" By many accounts the transaction (I won't use the word 'transfer', as that has connotations of footballing decisions) was basically all but completed the previous January.

He’s done well in the games he’s started this season and he’s finally adding the end product to go with it last couple of days. Was unlucky not to score v Chelsea before Palace too. He’ll never be a £40m player but I doubt any of our current squad (possibly ASM), but that’s not his fault.

If you don’t like that opinion Rod, then fuck off.

Joelinton has been ok/average in the games he's started this season.  There is rarely any end product, good through ball for Wilson though.  Was very lucky to score against Palace (terrible connection).  He is never a £10m player never mind £40m.

I love different opinions, that's what makes the world interesting.  Now fuck off you ignorant cunt!

He’s done well in the games he’s started this season and he’s finally adding the end product to go with it last couple of days. Was unlucky not to score v Chelsea before Palace too. He’ll never be a £40m player but I doubt any of our current squad (possibly ASM), but that’s not his fault.

If you don’t like that opinion Rod, then fuck off.

Joelinton has been ok/average in the games he's started this season.  There is rarely any end product, good through ball for Wilson though.  Was very lucky to score against Palace (terrible connection).  He is never a £10m player never mind £40m.

I love different opinions, that's what makes the world interesting.  Now fuck off you ignorant cunt!

Nimrod.

Hes a big lad, fairly quick and hes not terrible on the ball but I dont see much more than that.

I would keep playing him, while he scoring or getting assists because if hes ever going to amount to much it will be now. Hes not a winger and hes certainly not a number 9, hes looked most comfortable as a number 10.

i think if we'd paid £5m for him we'd be quite pleased with his progress but still wanting more.

that £40m fee will never make sense.

Joselu cost that, performed better than Joelinton and was reviled.

i think if we'd paid £5m for him we'd be quite pleased with his progress but still wanting more.

that £40m fee will never make sense.

Joselu cost that, performed better than Joelinton and was reviled.

I don't know why, we got what we paid for.

think reviled is a bit harsh.

got a bit stick early on for some horrendous misses, but became tolerated rather than loved after that.

I have to say I disagree with this - for a reason that still doesn’t make sense, I really liked the Hoss, and I was very, very lonely for a long time on the topic. He was widely hated until the end and cheered out the door - at least, that’s how it seemed to me...

He doesn't even have a killer instinct or killer pass in him to be a top attacker in the sense of a dynamo support striker or #10.

thats harsh -  2 decent passes in the last 2 games leading to goals each time. so he is getting better.

He's just so clunky, he doesn't really seem to excel at anything. Most players are either good in the air, or they're fast, or they're technically gifted. He isn't any of those. He has no natural attribute, apart from being a really nice fellow which doesn't really make much of a difference when you're a premier league footballer.

I would have loved to see him fit the price tag we paid, but I honestly think we'd be a better team without him.

• 3 weeks later...

He held onto the ball well, turned and found a man more often than he usually does. I noticed once or twice he could have done with a bit more belief in himself and played a through ball that split second sooner, or tried to run forward and beat his man.

Can't complain with last night from him, given what we've seen from him over the last 18 months anyway.

We look better with him on the pitch, out wide.

He's able to get involved far more and he is good at keeping the ball and passing it to a teammate, unless Hayden falls asleep and cuts off Joelinton's only pass route.