Joelinton

Stifler

It must be Giggs to say this, but wouldn't it be delicious if Joelinton does prove to be a world class footballer, like a new Pogba, but only after Mike Ashley has sold the club? Meaning that Ashley would have stitched up the new owners by forcing them into that ridiculous payoff for Cabbagehead, but also unknowingly left them a rough diamond of a player waiting to be discovered? The big Mike Ashley punt coming good, but only for the benefit of someone else.

I certainly don't intend to put any pressure on the lad and its fine for him to just go out and do his best, but the potential irony with this could be off the scale.

24 minutes ago, Stottie said:

It must be Giggs to say this, but wouldn't it be delicious if Joelinton does prove to be a world class footballer, like a new Pogba, but only after Mike Ashley has sold the club? Meaning that Ashley would have stitched up the new owners by forcing them into that ridiculous payoff for Cabbagehead, but also unknowingly left them a rough diamond of a player waiting to be discovered? The big Mike Ashley punt coming good, but only for the benefit of someone else.

I certainly don't intend to put any pressure on the lad and its fine for him to just go out and do his best, but the potential irony with this could be off the scale.

Pogba was probably the wrong example like, since he can actually shoot like a howitzer. 

50 minutes ago, Stottie said:

I certainly don't intend to put any pressure on the lad

I don't think pressure is a worry tbh. He's put up with more pressure than anybody I can think of. Not World Cup penalties or anything like that, just permanent pressure. and he's come out strong.

I know it's still early days into his transformation, but I think his mentality must be incredible.

So long as the nice surprise of Joelinton being much better than Bruce made him look is worth more than the payoff PIF had to give to Bruce, I'll be happy. It'll be a victory of good over evil.

And yeah, when Pogba hits one, it stays hit. BegJow doesn't quite have that in his locker.

43 minutes ago, Stottie said:

So long as the nice surprise of Joelinton being much better than Bruce made him look is worth more than the payoff PIF had to give to Bruce, I'll be happy. It'll be a victory of good over evil.

And yeah, when Pogba hits one, it stays hit. BegJow doesn't quite have that in his locker.

But Big Jow will actually put in a lot more work across both ends of the pitch in every game, so for a central midfielder that counts for a lot. Pogba can do it, but doesn't always feel like it. 

Guest Biggsbond14

Still can’t understand the love in and yes improved hugely from before but yet again no end product and I’ll hold my hands up when he contributes to winning us games but until that happens he is still bang average 

42 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

More Fumaca than Socrates again today.

Better when the game is being taken to us IMO. He's effective at turning in midfield and getting the team forward, not so much at probing.