Joelinton

Stifler

Given his hilarious inability to finish, you know he’s bang on to turn around and strike an absolute thunderbastard from 40 yards at some point. 

Edited by Tomato Deuce

6 hours ago, alexf said:

Fair play to him, I was worried all that confidence he has built up lately was going to drop away after that slip. But he had a strong 2nd half and was important in the build up for the 2nd goal.

I don't think some people appreciate just how much stellar work he does since he's been moved to midfield. He covers acres, presses relentlessly, wins a lot of possession from the opposition, and usually finds a good pass. Great ball retention under pressure as well. Yes he's still shit in front of goal, but any midfielder who's doing all that is a massive asset.

Agree with everything @TRon says, it’s ridiculous how much this guy gets through and for me, he’s one of the first names on the team sheet. Plus, he’s got that bit of bite in his attitude that gets me on side. The way he called out the referee and Alli after that stupid tackle is always great to see 

It's great that we see the likes of Trippier, Joelinton, Lascelles and ASM challenging the decisions. This was missing previously, and the team was meek in their words and surrendered performances. Appreciate the nasty streak that we now have, will go a long way towards survival.

I think the big thing about them challenging decisions - even if one's right or wrong in the moment, it means they're far less accepting of defeat. They want to win to the extent that things not going their way are just simply the universe being incorrect.  I've always hated this of past Man Utd sides (for example) but it's part and parcel of a winning mentality.

It's a tricky one. I think Howe sees Bruno as someone who is going to help lock teams down in their half, hustling and pressing opponents higher up allowing us to keep momentum, but it definitely feels like the biggest impact he can make on the current midfield is as the DM. That said, we could go to a more fluid 3 with Big Joe & Bruno rotating roles. Feels like Joelinton goes through an unsustainable amount of work in a game, like.

14 minutes ago, Consortium of one said:

Bruno as a DM behind Joe and Willock for me.

I'm not a Shelvey fan, and while he's been better, I still think Bruno makes him redundant.  Joe's effort and the mercurial Willock trump anything Shelvey can bring.

If we deploy Bruno as the deeper of the 3 then that allows Shelvey to loiter in positions that endanger the opposition more than ourselves. Yes, he'd be a luxury, and Willock's development is coming along nicely, but it's a blessing to have both options. The way Howe manages this could be massive to our chances. However, after last night's team performance I'd hope he would be backed if he eases Bruno into things slowly.

13 minutes ago, Gallowgate Toon said:

It's a tricky one. I think Howe sees Bruno as someone who is going to help lock teams down in their half, hustling and pressing opponents higher up allowing us to keep momentum, but it definitely feels like the biggest impact he can make on the current midfield is as the DM. That said, we could go to a more fluid 3 with Big Joe & Bruno rotating roles. Feels like Joelinton goes through an unsustainable amount of work in a game, like.

I do think a Bruno Joelinton pivot with Shelvey/Willock in the more advanced position, is the way to go. Bruno and Joe pressing from the middle, a bit like Rice and Phillips for England.

Love big Jow like.

Class that he’s turned into a proper cult hero here. He had a proper fan club on Twitter before my account got suspended and it used to make me cringe. Fair play to those who saw something in him. :lol:

Seems like a cracking person to have around too. He’s only going to get better as he learns his position more and gets better players I.e Bruno around him. 

The duality of his drive and technique in midfield and awful attempts in the penalty area are amusing. That said. He continues to be a major asset to this team and I can't wait to see him and Bruno together.