Joelinton

Stifler

7 minutes ago, huss9 said:

not in particular [emoji38], i just hadnt realised she was married to Fripp. they've got a strange youtube channel.

and yes there is a lot of nipple on occasion.

Christ! just did a search on YT, it does look strange, and there is a lot of nipple. 

Am I going in?

Looks like it.

Howes Joe or Rafas Diame? Both cases of players whos natural positions were supposed to be attacking when they came here, both been given different roles they adjusted to and excelled in quickly. A bonus is that Diame was much older than Joe when Rafa moved him back into midfield and his physicals were defo on the downturn at that point where as Joe physically is as good as any player we've ever had, the lad never even seems to look gassed out.

Edited by Nine

If it wasn't for Bruce being here and him being played in his proper position, I don't reckon we'd have any of the same issues with him being in the box. I think with his time as a striker his confidence is shot in that department and being in the opposition box brings back painful memories, like he was in 'Nam or some shit. 

Had he never had that experience and was used to just being a midfield machine, he'd have a lot more confidence to score goals, similar to how he did at Hoffenheim.

Just came on here to say I love big Joe.

Has become an indispensable part of the midfield. Incredible how good he is in the position given how inexperienced he is.

Imagine what he could be with a few seasons under his belt (and good coaching)

7 minutes ago, toontownman said:

Beast.

Also seems there is a lot of nonsense about him chinning Alli in the tunnel after the game lol  I'm going to choose to believe it even if we all know he is a gentle giant the minute the full time whistle blows.

3 of our players in there, no malo!

The best part about Joe is it would've been all too easy for Howe to come in and write him off based off how he had performed up front.  Instead he's come in looked at him with a clean slate and found a way to not just make him work,  but do so well that he's quickly become an essential player in the team in a new position.

31 minutes ago, LRD said:

It happened more by chance. Clark was sent off and he moved Joelinton deeper to cover being one man down. The rest they say is history.

Was that the first airing of Big Jo In The Middle? Fascinating, I had forgotten this being the catalyst. All credit to Howe for keeping him there. 

Aye, was against Norwich.

“When we initially came in we thought Joelinton would play as a number 10, a second striker,” said Howe after the match. “We went down to 10 men against Norwich and reshuffled and played him as an eight and he was brilliant defensively.”

55 minutes ago, LRD said:

It happened more by chance. Clark was sent off and he moved Joelinton deeper to cover being one man down. The rest they say is history.

Didn't realise it started in response to the red card, probably because he was sent off so early into the game I'd just assumed he started in that roll. 

Does that mean the best thing Clark has done for us recently is giving Joelinton the chance to shine

17 hours ago, ShoTime said:

Are they classing that Lascelles cruncher tackle as an interception, like?

Ground duel, or something? Tackle is when a player is in possession and they attempt to dribble past the defender. Something like that, anyway. Explained in the thread.

The terminology and how actions are recorded can seem a bit dubious at times. But I have liked some of the more detailed stats of late. Especially when they help back up and explain what you’re seeing with your own eyes. Doesn’t always work that way, mind. 

2 hours ago, ToonScotman said:

I hope Howe doesn’t still feel the need to allow him further up the park. His stats are tremendous but a central midfielder and plays like a box to box so he’ll get chances too.

Well, he clearly said yesterday he sees him as ana attacker who’s defensive side of the game is very good. I think we’ll see him in Willock’s role. Of the mid 3, the one tasked with getting closer to the striker and also the one who presses the highest. 

34 minutes ago, Ben said:

His first touch is awful

It's his chest control that gets me! 3 times today alone he's tried bring it down on his chest and it bounces off so far away from him. I love the guy but he needs stop giving it away from his first touch.