Joelinton

Stifler

21 minutes ago, Palestoon said:

agreed. as I mentioned in my post, i think playing as a forward, you kind of switch on and off during the game as the action comes and goes. In midfield, you need 100% concentration. But just watch him closely, he shows glimpses of every top attribute you want in a box to box midfielder. He really has a natural understanding and feel for the game in the middle. Howe even mentioned it when he first came to the club that he was one of the most intelligent players on the pitch in the entire squad. I think he just needs to continue gaining experience and getting comfortable in his new role. 

grest summary of how he is playing , such a transformation, he was second only to Burn on ratings imho , like a new signing together with Willock .

Bruno has to be good to change it mind now , maybe Shelvey needs his feet up for West Ham game 

If this guy was signed as a midfielder there wouldn't be a single criticism of him. 

Willock and Shelvey were Howe's go to midfielders when he first came in and they struggled to make it difficult for the opposition. That all changed once Joelinton was moved into midfield. 

This guy may not be pure technique but his influence is priceless. 

An absolute work horse and machine in terms of winning the ball and shielding the ball

He makes maintaining/winning possession and keeping us ticking when he has the ball look so easy 

One of the earliest and possibly first true positive signs of this season has been this revelation in his form in this new role

Big Joe - I salute you.

Edited by Amir_9

On a human level, so pleased for him. Must have been difficult to deal with getting pelters every single week, despite the wage packet. Still can't be great. Now, he's absolutely adored, and for good reason. Haven't seen the game yet, but going off the comments here, seems he was excellent once again. Superb.

On 04/12/2020 at 10:52, joeyt said:

Who's your least favourite player to have been assosciated with NUFC?

On 04/12/2020 at 11:49, Yorkie said:

Yep, Owen and Colback. Rob Elliot and Sissoko are in the mix but - and this is deeply unfair on the lad himself - Joelinton is probably my number 3. He's the player that provides the biggest representation of this rancid, festering version of the club. When the takeover happens I hope he's shipped out immediately.

Vote Yorkie worst poster 2021

56 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

Vote Yorkie worst poster 2021

FWIW, blinded by the Bruce. 

I look at someone like Fraser, someone that has spent his whole career in British football, speaks the language, and he had nothing good to say about Bruce. Now imagine you're a young Brazilian lad moving into a new culture with a brand new language and no one to really mix with. Your manager is a wheezing charlatan that offers you no individual instruction/development.  

Edited by Thiago