Joelinton

Stifler

Can’t believe someone said he was poor tactically. The way he has been playing in midfield but covering the bulk of what would usually be ASM’s defensive work as well takes an extremely tactically adept player.

6 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

How many players are there as physically dominant in midfield that are also spraying the ball about like a prime Busquets like?

Joelinton's touch is weird, he's generaly very clunky on the ball but still more often than not manages to get it where he wants, he's a lot like Jonas in that regard. 

I think his first touch is often very intelligent. It often looks heavy, but more often than not it is into a space where he can pick it up again quite quickly.

Could just be lucky [every time] but I think his reading of the game is impeccable so I trust it is his intelligence.

He must be horrible to play against, constantly getting nicks and small touches which takes the ball off of your toe. Love him. His turnaround starting from Howe's first game in charge is no coincidence. So many of our players just needed a coach to recognise their strengths, weakness and to improve the latter and solidify the former. 

Edited by HaydnNUFC

1 hour ago, Smal said:

Can’t believe someone said he was poor tactically. The way he has been playing in midfield but covering the bulk of what would usually be ASM’s defensive work as well takes an extremely tactically adept player.

Exactly this, throughout the second half he was having to play as two men with ASM having one of his breaks, he was as important as anyone in the victory and was always aware of the danger down the left.

Edited by Toontimes

He's one of my favourites, he's been incredible. I've never seen such a change, a big lump target man who looked useless. Now he's an energetic box to box CM who is constantly winning the ball back. Bizarre stuff, Newcastle for you.

9 hours ago, WillingtonMag said:

He's immense and I'm convinced his failings in the box is just a mental block, if he gets an easy goal or two and builds enough confidence to become better infront of goal we'll be laughing.

If he can work it out in the final 3rd and become even decently effective there he will be more than the £40m worth of player that we bought.

Edited by Nine

Just watched that. Mental! 

How is this the same bloke? Testament to how good he has become. That I didn’t even notice this like I did for the Man U game and a few others.

It’s like this is the benchmark every week and I’ve just come to expect it of him already and he keeps delivering.