Joelinton

Stifler

Seems like he's a good guy as well, read some things that he's really just focused on football and spending time with his family - ala Almiron. More of those type of characters please. Looking forward to seeing how he does, his dribbling-passing and technical ability could be very exciting. Just needs to bang in goals as the central striker.

I'm very worried if he's been signed as the central striker.

He's really got to prove the price and play to his potential really. He's going to need help, so it's Almiron picking up where he left off and hopefully another winger or striker capable of getting goals or creating problems for the opposition via pace or strength. But yeah, totally should be a concern mate.

Decent compilation on Youtube of him rattling them in against the likes Admira Wacker Mödling and Rheindorf Altach.

If you base this on Admira Wacker Mödling being as good as Man City and Rheindorf Altach as Liverpool, I think we might just piss the league - especially with master tactician Steve Burst on the sideline. :thup:

He was 19 and 20 those seasons though man, not every striker is banging them in for fun at those younger ages?

Honestly don’t get the hype. His stats are very average.

How many goals/assists did Almiron get last season?

12 goals dunno how many assists. What’s your point?

hahahaha…….6 year deal rumoured around £40million..... they must think he's gonna turn in to a superstar!!!  they are gonna lose so much on this 'investment'.

Fucknuggets!!

Gayle’s going for £15m, his fee is already covered.

Guest neesy111

hahahaha…….6 year deal rumoured around £40million..... they must think he's gonna turn in to a superstar!!!  they are gonna lose so much on this 'investment'.

Fucknuggets!!

Source?

Fucknuggets!!

Source?

Can’t remember, was posted on here the other day.

Seems like he's a good guy as well, read some things that he's really just focused on football and spending time with his family - ala Almiron. More of those type of characters please. Looking forward to seeing how he does, his dribbling-passing and technical ability could be very exciting. Just needs to bang in goals as the central striker.

I'm very worried if he's been signed as the central striker.

They’ve given him the number 9 so he’ll play central imo. Hope he’s got broad shoulders, he’s carrying the club for the next 10 months.

He’s going to need them because the matchgoers will be right on his back if he doesn’t start well given how much Mike and Steve have personally paid for him.

Apologies, I meant for us. It was 0/0. Point is stats are garbage in isolation.

Just watched his interview with subtitles. Hope he does well. He doesn’t deserve his career to go to shit just coz of this basket case of a club.

Honestly don’t know what they’ve seen to suggest he’s worth £40m and that he’s the one to rely on for goals.

I kinda just answered this without seeing your post. My point about the stats is they’ve signed this guy for bid money to be our main striker and gave him the number 9 shirt but looking at his career stats I’m just wondering what they’ve seen in scouting him.

Also he hasn’t had a sniff of the Brazil squad above u17 level. Spending £40m id be hoping he’d have at least played for the u21s and on the fringe of the senior team

Hard to care about the fee really :dontknow: if he bangs in enough goals to keep us afloat then he's a good signing, regardless of the circumstances. Rondon had a shite record before signing for us too, although obviously the manager made a difference in that regard.

Under Rafa I'd be buzzing at this.

This. Now I’m just confused.

Exactly how I feel... when we signed  almiron  in January I was excited...  and I never  heard of him .... I cant believe  we just spent 40 mill on a Brazilian  and I don't feel a thing 

Ashley's been listening to his advisors again;

Bruce: We need a 20 goal a year striker.

Charnley: A 20 goal a year striker costs at least £40 million

Ashley: Well pay £40 million  then.

It could have been Andy Carroll for the same price.

I kinda just answered this without seeing your post. My point about the stats is they’ve signed this guy for bid money to be our main striker and gave him the number 9 shirt but looking at his career stats I’m just wondering what they’ve seen in scouting him.

If you read any of the stuff about him everyone is saying that he's got all the tools to finally take the step in being the central striker and being the main man.

He was in his teenage years in Austria on loan after moving over from Brazil, massively homesick and had tough time settling in.