Joelinton

Stifler

Ashley's been listening to his advisors again;

Bruce: We need a 20 goal a year striker.

Charnley: A 20 goal a year striker costs at least £40 million

Ashley: Well pay £40 million  then.

It could have been Andy Carroll for the same price.

:serious:

Honestly don’t get the hype. His stats are very average.

How many goals/assists did Almiron get last season?

12 goals dunno how many assists. What’s your point?

Apologies, I meant for us. It was 0/0. Point is stats are garbage in isolation.

I kinda just answered this without seeing your post. My point about the stats is they’ve signed this guy for bid money to be our main striker and gave him the number 9 shirt but looking at his career stats I’m just wondering what they’ve seen in scouting him.

If you read any of the stuff about him everyone is saying that he's got all the tools to finally take the step in being the central striker and being the main man.

He was in his teenage years in Austria on loan after moving over from Brazil, massively homesick and had tough time settling in.

Cheers. I hadn’t seen that

I kinda just answered this without seeing your post. My point about the stats is they’ve signed this guy for bid money to be our main striker and gave him the number 9 shirt but looking at his career stats I’m just wondering what they’ve seen in scouting him.

Also he hasn’t had a sniff of the Brazil squad above u17 level. Spending £40m id be hoping he’d have at least played for the u21s and on the fringe of the senior team

His stats aren't that bad, he didn't play solely up front in all his games and got 7 goals and 5 assists over an average of 24 games which is decent.

However  you are right, 40m is a massive risk and bizarre under the circumstances. Surely a couple of 20/25m players would be more beneficial. Unless there's more to come  :frantic:

Also he hasn’t had a sniff of the Brazil squad above u17 level. Spending £40m id be hoping he’d have at least played for the u21s and on the fringe of the senior team

His stats aren't that bad, he didn't play solely up front in all his games and got 7 goals and 5 assists over an average of 24 games which is decent.

However  you are right, 40m is a massive risk and bizarre under the circumstances. Surely a couple of 20/25m players would be more beneficial. Unless there's more to come  :frantic:

If you compare him to Haller who West Ham have signed for similar money and from the same league that signing makes much more sense

I'm implying CUNT is so thick (when it comes to football) that he thinks because a 20 goal a season striker costs £40million then he will get a 20 goal a season striker if he spends £40million on one, whoever that may be. It could be Carlton Cole.

I'm implying c*** is so thick (when it comes to football) that he thinks because a 20 goal a season striker costs £40million then he will get a 20 goal a season striker if he spends £40million on one, whoever that may be. It could be Carlton Cole.

Ah right, think it was me being thick then  :lol:

Guest neesy111

He may turn out good but I really don't think any other club with strike options so bare would gamble this much on a signing. 

Think we'll see a few more of this type of signing coming in this summer.

Been a while since we brought in some young talented players that look the part from a physical and athletic standpoint.

Seems a good character so hope he does well for himself.

Guest neesy111

When you say "this summer", do you mean the next 18 days?

I think it's 16 days till the window ends actually.

Weird as f*** this tbh.

No it's not, he's a very good player. Good at everything really; decent dribbler, good target man, eye for a pass, power, great work-rate.

40 million is a bit on the high side, but I really like him as a player and it's nice (all things considered) that we've finally made a move for the top target on our list for a change.

Nice??? Nice? when the fuck did Nice come into it?????? Pleasant? Endearing? Good company? Fuck me, I do despair.......

Have you not been paying attention, it isn't nice.