Joelinton

Stifler

It's impossible to judge him considering how the team is playing, but I am fairly certain Rondon would have done better both in contributing to winning and retaining the ball as a lone battering ram, and in terms of goals return.

Rondon scored 9 in 34, 8 in 37 and 7 in 37 in the league in his three seasons for WBA under Pulis and Pardew.

Joelinton has a job to do if he is going to match that.

Might be even sooner than predicted the Donnay Army turn on him. A missed chance or losing a 50/50 against Bournemouth could be enough. Cannot wait.

I think we're one game off the bloke getting pelters tbh.

Would be hilariously ironic that the one bloke Ashley pays actual PL level money for gets abused due to Bruce's sheer incompetence :lol: :lol: :lol:

Also hilarious that there were dickheads out there lauding the signing of Andy 'Glue Factory' Carroll as some sort of saviour too.

Im not sure top premier league money was paid for him.

If he is on 50k a week , this equates to nearly 16million over a 6yr contract.

You can guarantee this will be part of the '40million transfer fee' , they have history of doing this.

Then you have agents fees and addons for goals/appearances Etc.

I bet the actual transfer fee was closer to 15million.

If his wages werent included , the club would of called it a 65million deal or whatever...

Those stats surprise me cos he just doesn't look as effective a target man as Rondon did.

Rondon wasn't as isolated, we were playing far more effectively as a unit under Rafa. Perez was always floating around awell.  St Maximin looks great when he's running with the ball, but he doesn't really link well with Joelinton.

Saw him 3 or 4 times yesterday indicate where he wanted it, to his feet, chest or in the channel, only to see it sail miles over his head.

he has manager who's made of just cake and lard making things harder, also some decent play from his teammates might help as well like. Chuck in the lad needs time to settle, he's having a hard time at the moment but he decent imo.

He looks a good player to me, different to Rondon and playing in a much worse team, certainly.

How is it a much worse team? Much worse system yes, but not team IMO.

Well whatever, system, manager and/or players make the team. A combination of all of those.

if hes only on 50k a week that says an awful lot that this whole deal stinks. Genuine 40m players are earning more than that

Tbf i have no idea how much he is on.

I just used a conservative figure

Saw him 3 or 4 times yesterday indicate where he wanted it, to his feet, chest or in the channel, only to see it sail miles over his head.

he has manager who's made of just cake and lard making things harder, also some decent play from his teammates might help as well like. Chuck in the lad needs time to settle, he's having a hard time at the moment but he decent imo.

Lost count of the number of times I've seen him complaining to the midfield and defenders about not playing the ball to his feet when he's available.

Interesting...

Amazing. Can't say I'm that surprised. Particularly, earlier on in the season he did some fantastic stuff when the ball was played into him.

It's so much harder to see because the team in general is not functioning at all in an attacking sense.

Genuinely think that if Rafa was still here and we had this exact team in place we'd be amazed at what it would be doing in general, and how good Joelinton would look.

Interesting...

Amazing. Can't say I'm that surprised. Particularly, earlier on in the season he did some fantastic stuff when the ball was played into him.

It's so much harder to see because the team in general is not functioning at all in an attacking sense.

Genuinely think that if Rafa was still here and we had this exact team in place we'd be amazed at what it would be doing in general, and how good Joelinton would look.

Playing devil's advocate here but he may be getting the ball in less threatening areas, hence it being easier to win headers and easier to hold onto the ball than in the attacking third (which we're never in tbf). Then we have so little possession that he's got plenty of chances to win more tackles and the like. Does he get as high a percentage of his shots on target as Rondon? As many assists? The highlight for me yesterday was his attempt to control Longstaff's pass escaping him by about 10 yards leading directly to the sending off.

I think if anything he's finding himself in far more difficult positions to receive the ball and hold it up. The team is far deeper and never passes the ball well enough to move defenders on the opposing teams. It must be so easy to mark him right now.

He’s shown glimpses of what he can do. The chance against Arsenal on the first day where he literally fashioned a chance from nothing, the build up to the Schar goal v Watford when he started the move in the left-back position, continued in centre-midfield then played a part in the final third. He’s on a hiding to nothing though. He’s missed a couple of easy chances but these stand out more because he gets so few opportunities to have the chance to put away the next opportunity.