Joelinton

Stifler

If we swap this guy out for Rondon would he really look that much better in the current team?

Perhaps he would have a couple more goals, but I think we'd ultimately see more of the Rondon that we did under Pulis at West Brom. You know, the one everyone said was crap when we were first linked with him.

The whole team is a joke going forward at the minute, and I really can't see how anyone would shine in the current setup.

Guest neesy111

If we swap this guy out for Rondon would he really look that much better in the current team?

Perhaps he would have a couple more goals, but I think we'd ultimately see more of the Rondon that we did under Pulis at West Brom. You know, the one everyone said was crap when we were first linked with him.

The whole team is a joke going forward at the minute, and I really can't see how anyone would shine in the current setup.

:thup:

Our CM is nowhere near PL standard.

:thup:

Our CM is nowhere near PL standard.

I don't even know if it's that necessarily. I just think the manager is completely hopeless.

There is no plan in our approach play whatsoever. It never looks like we work on our movement or passing from back to front. Any slight press and we end up punting it up the pitch. It's just so bad.

This whole thing of having Almiron on the right when he has never featured there before is also strange. He was doing a great job on the left hand side last season. He doesn't even have him swap to that side occassionally, or at least tried it for any period of time this season.

I honestly feel that any semi-competent and more up and coming current or progressive manager and we would have been having a much better season with these exact players.

He's playing like a defeated man at the moment. I sympathise with what's being expected of him, but if he's not trying he needs to be out of the team. From the 70-ish minutes I saw, he offered absolutely nothing and was constantly flat footed when the ball came near him.

He's playing like a defeated man at the moment. I sympathise with what's being expected of him, but if he's not trying he needs to be out of the team. From the 70-ish minutes I saw, he offered absolutely nothing and was constantly flat footed when the ball came near him.

There's no one else who can play as a target man. Gayle looked absolutely hopeless when he came on, like he was coming back from a long summer holiday.

^

From what I saw today he looked like he's going through the motions putting in minimal effort.

Can you blame him? He doesn’t stand a chance in this position.

You can't "not try", but I sympathise entirely.

Also I get annoyed about the Mitrovic hangup, he clearly had a lot of talent in some ways but he did get opportunities under Rafa in the championship when Gayle was injured, and couldn't hit a barn door. Rafa was entitled to ditch him if as suspected his attitude behind the scenes wasn't up to his standards and he didn't trust him.

Every game we have 30% possession.

We hardly ever get to pass the ball high up the pitch and involve him in any capacity.

It's either aimless long balls at his head, with no support near him, or we are counter attacking.

The guy knows it's a shit show and can't be arsed. The whole thing is a farce.

Every game we have 30% possession.

We hardly ever get to pass the ball high up the pitch and involve him in any capacity.

It's either aimless long balls at his head, with no support near him, or we are counter attacking.

The guy knows it's a shit show and can't be arsed. The whole thing is a farce.

That's the point, he evidently no longer can be bothered. Bruce either needs to change something or drop him. Having a player that's not trying isn't acceptable, obviously.

I mean, if we don't have a target man, then don't play a formation that requires a fucking target man :lol:

We could try doing that even with Joelinton. He clearly doesn't relish high balls winged at him from deep. Get the ball into his feet and see how he gets on. Problem is we don't have enough good possession to get the ball up the pitch where he should be operating.

Look at us arguing about player abilities and forgetting where the problem lies.

The shambles the club is currently in is down to one man and we are reduced to bickering with each other over, in reality, nothing.

The front three of Joelinton, Almiron and ASM are ALL good players trying to ply their trade under a clueless manager in a directionless club. Why waste our time criticising an individual player in such circumstances?

I mean, if we don't have a target man, then don't play a formation that requires a fucking target man :lol:

But that'd require having some tactical nous to change things up. The three Steves of the apocalypse are devoid of said nous.

Well yes, this is clearly the result of cascading levels of incompetence multiple levels above him.