Joelinton

Stifler

I mean, if we don't have a target man, then don't play a formation that requires a fucking target man :lol:

We could try doing that even with Joelinton. He clearly doesn't relish high balls winged at him from deep. Get the ball into his feet and see how he gets on. Problem is we don't have enough good possession to get the ball up the pitch where he should be operating.

Absolutely. Try playing to his strengths.

I'm glad he has flopped, hopefully Mike is fuming.

Everyone will flop man.

Even ASM as dangerous as he is will not translate to anything tangible, because the whole setup, plan and approach is completely ineffective.

It might even be that he's not good enough in other ways, maybe he doesn't attack the spaces in the penalty area like all good forwards should. But how can you know when we barely get the ball into those areas? For all his trickery, I can remember one decent cross coming in from Maximin. Don't think there was even one from the other side.

It might even be that he's not good enough in other ways, maybe he doesn't attack the spaces in the penalty area like all good forwards should. But how can you know when we barely get the ball into those areas? For all his trickery, I can remember one decent cross coming in from Maximin. Don't think there was even one from the other side.

The guy never sees the ball :lol:

When last did we even see him get an opportunity to miss a chance? :lol:

I mean, if we don't have a target man, then don't play a formation that requires a fucking target man :lol:

We could try doing that even with Joelinton. He clearly doesn't relish high balls winged at him from deep. Get the ball into his feet and see how he gets on. Problem is we don't have enough good possession to get the ball up the pitch where he should be operating.

Which are?  I'm intrigued to know what Joelinton's attributes are.

Looks to have decent feet in the penalty area on the rare occasion he gets the ball in there. Other than that can't really say until we start getting the ball coming in from decent angles.

Looks to have decent feet in the penalty area on the rare occasion he gets the ball in there. Other than that can't really say until we start getting the ball coming in from decent angles.

I'm watching Liverpool v Spurs and Kane gets on the end of an aimless ball hoofed up by a defender.  He gets in front of his marker (that's in front of the defender Joelinton) and Son picks up the ball and Spurs nearly score.  Why can't our centre forward (cough) do something similar.  He is clueless I tell you.

I'm watching Liverpool v Spurs and Kane gets on the end of an aimless ball hoofed up by a defender.  He gets in front of his marker (that's in front of the defender Joelinton) and Son picks up the ball and Spurs nearly score.  Why can't our centre forward (cough) do something similar.  He is clueless I tell you.

Don't think anyone is trying to argue that he's good at dealing with long high punts. How many Brazilian forwards do you know that are?

It was great play by Kane. How often is he asked to do that though? It was one time.

You can't say Joelinton never managed that earlier this season. It has all worm thin now though.

He never gets any other opportunities to get on the ball and get a feel for the game and grow into things.

Think it's all really unfortunate for the guy. It's a terrible situation to come into as a new player in the league.

I understand people's frustration at this point though, so won't begrudge you that.

I mean, if we don't have a target man, then don't play a formation that requires a f***ing target man :lol:

Harry Kane is a centre forward and has been a centre forward for a long time. He also has a far better supply.

Joelinton has never played this role before in his life, no wonder he looks shite. It's not his fault, he shouldn't be there being asked to do this.

I mean, if we don't have a target man, then don't play a formation that requires a f***ing target man :lol:

Harry Kane is a centre forward and has been a centre forward for a long time. He also has a far better supply.

Joelinton has never played this role before in his life, no wonder he looks shite. It's not his fault, he shouldn't be there being asked to do this.

Greg, I'm going around in circles with this.  Let's cut to the Chase.  Do you think Joelinton should be playing in this football team?  Yes or no.

Joelinton has never played this role before in his life, no wonder he looks s****. It's not his fault, he shouldn't be there being asked to do this.

Greg, I'm going around in circles with this.  Let's cut to the Chase.  Do you think Joelinton should be playing in this football team?  Yes or no.

No.

Is he a good crosser of a ball? YouTube has some really good running with the ball from deep but not a lot of passing or crossing.

Played into feet his link play has been nice at times this season, but I just can't picture him playing where Ayoze played or on the wing, based on these 10 games.

For people who saw him in Germany and say he's not in his correct position, who would you compare him to? Like a Rashford/Martial coming in from the side type?

Rafa must be building the biggest megaphone in the world and standing it on top of China's highest mountain pointing it at Ashley....

"I TOLD YOU SO"

Rafa must be building the biggest megaphone in the world and standing it on top of China's highest mountain pointing it at Ashley....

"I TOLD YOU SO"

Do you think Rondon would do any better in this set up? He didn’t under a Pulis or Pardew team so see no reason why he would under a Bruce one. Someone else pointed out, we don’t press as a three like we did last season. Joelinton is often playing with his back to goal with two centre-backs on him and no team mate within 20-30 yards of him. I think these 3 attackers with Benitez would work. Under a shitebag like Bruce, they won’t. Simple really.

Guest reefatoon

Like Bruce said, it's all Rafa's fault, and its absolutely wrecking Joelinton's game.  Even though Joelinton never played for Rafa, he is also caught up in this mysterious defensive mentality that is plaguing the training ground.