Joelinton

Stifler

Class how he's trying to get less :lol:

So he can force a move just after one year

Nowadays the club tends to sell the players 2 years before expiry instead of 1

I know, that's why it's brilliant. Not even pretending he wants to actually play here.

I know, that's why it's brilliant. Not even pretending he wants to actually play here.

True lol

Guest chopey

We are like Swiss Tony buying second hand cars at an auction and reselling them for a profit at our cheap looking painted  black car lot

We are like Swiss Tony buying second hand cars at an auction and reselling them for a profit at our cheap looking painted  black car lot

Supporting Newcastle is much like making love to an ugly woman.

Guest reefatoon

He is just after the same length contract as his hero Bruce, so he can follow him onto his next big gig.

Guest covmag

Signs for £36 million. You can hear the journos now “Ashley is backing his man “ .

How much has he raked in this summer so far? £36 million or just shy of? Hmmmm

That just makes me think he must actually be a good player tbh.

Signs for £36 million. You can hear the journos now “Ashley is backing his man “ .

I'd be happy with that, if it were Rafa spending it, on the players he wanted. There's nothing wrong with only spending what the club generates (along with TV money). Rafa would have got 3 players (including Rondon) for that.

Guest chopey

I'd be happy with that, if it were Rafa spending it, on the players he wanted. There's nothing wrong with only spending what the club generates (along with TV money). Rafa would have got 3 players (including Rondon) for that.

However the club generates a lot more than what it receives from selling players.

Pay £4m to downgrade from Rafa to Brewce. Pay £6m (net) to downgrade from Ayoze to Joelinton.

Mike Ashley, retail genius.

No idea if that second point is true or not yet like.

Rafa loved Ayoze and didn’t want Joelinton - says enough to me. Ayoze also scored more last season fwiw. I’m comfortable with it.

Steve Nickson is gassed on him and (has probably) convinced Ashley to sign the biggest cheque he’s written for the Toon - for a player Ashley twice rejected the opportunity to sign. You’re right, that doesn’t make him less a player by itself, but there is/was something about this player that Rafa didn’t like.

We’ll see soon enough, although Ayoze is playing in a much better squad at a more ambitious club. If he doesn’t outperform Joelinton @ Mike Ashley FC, then he’s flopped enormously.

Rafa gets the odd one wrong too. He wanted Barry or Aquilani to replace Xabi Alonso for instance.

So did Sir Alex Ferguson smarty pants.

What did they win with their transfers?

There is no manager with a perfect signing record that I can think of. Fergie had some right fuck ups, as you've rightly pointed at.

Rafa gets the odd one wrong too. He wanted Barry or Aquilani to replace Xabi Alonso for instance.

So did Sir Alex Ferguson smarty pants.

What did they win with their transfers?

There is no manager with a perfect signing record that I can think of. Fergie had some right fuck ups, as you've rightly pointed at.

Exactly.

Ultimately you have to judge what they actually do with their transfers overall.