Joelinton

Stifler

I think he will prob be a good player but not with the manager we have and the lack of creativity around him, doubt he’s gonna fashion chances for himself

oddly i'm starting to get the sinking feeling that bruce might not take us down, if he gets *a few* signings like this

Steve Nickson is gassed on him and (has probably) convinced Ashley to sign the biggest cheque he’s written for the Toon - for a player Ashley twice rejected the opportunity to sign. You’re right, that doesn’t make him less a player by itself, but there is/was something about this player that Rafa didn’t like.

We’ll see soon enough, although Ayoze is playing in a much better squad at a more ambitious club. If he doesn’t outperform Joelinton @ Mike Ashley FC, then he’s flopped enormously.

I think he will prob be a good player but not with the manager we have and the lack of creativity around him, doubt he’s gonna fashion chances for himself

:thup:

Messi would struggle to lift a Steve Bruce side.

Rafa gets the odd one wrong too. He wanted Barry or Aquilani to replace Xabi Alonso for instance.

So did Sir Alex Ferguson smarty pants.

What did they win with their transfers?

There is no manager with a perfect signing record that I can think of. Fergie had some right f*** ups, as you've rightly pointed at.

Eddie Howe imo

Rafa gets the odd one wrong too. He wanted Barry or Aquilani to replace Xabi Alonso for instance.

So did Sir Alex Ferguson smarty pants.

What did they win with their transfers?

There is no manager with a perfect signing record that I can think of. Fergie had some right f*** ups, as you've rightly pointed at.

Eddie Howe imo

Nearly got me :laugh:

Guest covmag

This one not over the line yet?

2 weeks or so to go and they have 1 fit striker, who’s pretty shit, one injured striker who’s pretty shit.

A midfield that wouldn’t  look out of place in division 3 with the filth

Man, you don't need to exaggerate to explain how shit we are. Division 3 is the absolute pits and as bad as we are the likes of Murphy would tear it up at that level.

As it happens I've seen a few third tier games over the last year or so and it's not that much better than some conference national games I've seen. The drop from our level is insane.

Man, you don't need to exaggerate to explain how shit we are. Division 3 is the absolute pits and as bad as we are the likes of Murphy would tear it up at that level.

As it happens I've seen a few third tier games over the last year or so and it's not that much better than some conference national games I've seen. The drop from our level is insane.

We have 2 midfielders who I consider as premier league quality and no strikers who are

Happy days

This deal smells of Nachos.

Not a fucking chance we pay that money for anyone.ever under FCB

Worth remembering that the Almiron deal would have fallen through if it was down to our club. The only reason it went ahead was because Almiron basically accepted a lesser deal and then Charnley admitted that we could now afford it.

So I think this deal will probably fail as Joelinton doesn't seem that desperate to be here, and we only like to do deals if they are on our terms, take it or leave it.

So, he’s more of a forward/winger than a striker, right?

Whoscored says he played mostly through the centre but can play wide too.

Ok, in that case his goal tally isn’t great.

Guest Gonzo

Almiron and Joelinton (if it happens) are no more than temporary punts that they will double or triple in value within a season or two.

I’ve stopped trying to second guess what Ashley is doing. I have no clue. All I know is he’s going nowhere.

If I’m going to watch any matches this season I’d prefer to see some decent players. As much as I’d love to be able to do it, I can never want the club to lose games..

The new strategy of signing decent players with massive potential is obviously motivated by future profit but I’d rather that then bringing in Joselu types. So for this reason I hope Joelinton and Miggy do well this season. If either of both were to flop, that would be the end of that idea and then back to business as usual.

https://www.bundesliga.com/en/player/current-season/DFL-OBJ-00264Y/joelinton/stats

His stats last season. They can afford to offload a guy who cost them 2.2m a couple of seasons ago,  he managed 7 goals from wider positions (I'd assume) as their main hitmen ex Leicester City player Krameric who could hardly feature for Leicester when he was with them made 30 appearances 28 starts and managed 17 goals, Belfodil a bit of a journeyman making 28 appearances 20 starts hitting 16, while I assume Joelinton played wide because he also made plenty of starts,25 total starts,28 appearances,  but only 7 goals. So the three of them featured heavily across the campaign but the other two strikers produced most of Hoffenheims goals.

Not sure how his value has rocketed to 36m with a long time spent out on loan in Austria, what on earth would they value Krameric at?

He finished joint 31st with a few other players on 7 in the final top scorers charts.

From a goals point of view, he hardly looks like the answer to the 3 players we just moved on that produced nearly 30 goals between them.