Joelinton

Stifler

mad this one like, how far back did this link go into last season?  rafa presumably wasn't interested and unless carr has been fuckin about in the background the emperor in star wars then is it that new head of recruitment lad ID'ing targets then?

In fairness, that wasn't the point with Rafa leaving was it. Rather than having some DoF (who?) spend 36m on a striker he didn't fancy Rafa would have rightly wanted that 36m (and more) to spend how he saw fit, i.e. perhaps 16m on Rondon and 20m on another forward. Steve "head coach" Bruce will have no say in who comes and goes. This was and always will be the sticking point with Ashley. Players are just like sports merchandise to him, and the head coach no more than a manager in one of his shops. Welcome to SDFC.

I think there's probably a fair few clubs at our level who operate like that. I think maybe the CL regulars are the ones who can afford to spend big money on older players and write off the fee.

I thought Joelinton was first rumoured ages ago? When Rafa was still in charge.

feels like TBG has been making the jeolinton joke for about 6 years

:lol:

Rumors started in February of this year.

If a player or his agent didn’t do their homework and choose to join us at this moment, you know the fees would mean nothing - they are just idiots and must be going to fail here

mad this one like, how far back did this link go into last season?  rafa presumably wasn't interested and unless carr has been fuckin about in the background the emperor in star wars then is it that new head of recruitment lad ID'ing targets then?

The club scout Steve Nickson may have suggested him. Rafa had the power to block transfers. Now Rafa is gone it's full steam ahead on all the transfer targets he declined.

With the likes of Darlow, Sterry, Manquillo, Clark, Lazaar, Colback, Murphy and Aarons starting in the same team I say good luck to him in his quest to score goals.

That’s fucking League 1 levels of shit right there

If true then £36 million is a hell of a lot to spunk on this guy.  Given SDFC mode of operating how good do they think this guy is gonna become that they would be able to sell him for a profit?

After a year or 2  under Brucey his value is only going one way :lol:

It'll be the reverse of Perez.

If true then £36 million is a hell of a lot to spunk on this guy.  Given SDFC mode of operating how good do they think this guy is gonna become that they would be able to sell him for a profit?

We have wasted a lot money on players who turned out to be shit, but we have also scored big sales on a few as well. Perez, Cabaye, Sissoko, Wijnaldum to name a few off the top of my head. I have no doubt we will unearth a few more gems, this fella might well be one of them. Only problem is, we won't have a manager who can actually get these players to gel, same as we had with Pardew and Mcclaren.