Joelinton

Stifler

Ashley isn't gonna get as much money for him when the teams not a success so I can't figure this transfer out at all.

Could've said the same about players like Gini. If a player has the right reputation and shows something you'll get money for him even if you go down.

I think my point was more the case that Gini would have been worth more had we stayed up, and worth even more had we actually achieved anything of note, relatively speaking. Also, to double down on that point, £14m wasn't a significant outlay in that market, whereas £36m actually is in this one, especially so for us.

Rafa didn’t want him.

Aye and i reckon this might be one of the many factors as to why Rafa walked away, given players he didn't want, which seems to be the system the nutters running our club have gone back to.

IF we sign this guy we won’t do much else transfer-wise and it will be nowhere near enough.

We're still about even for the transfer window after getting £35m for Perez and Joselu. Even by signing him the "warchest" remains virtually untouched.

I don't understand why we seem to have been the only one after him for the last 6 month if he is indeed a quality £36m player and available.

More to the point, why would he come to us... Who's his agent?

I'm not sure about this player. Never seen him play.

High price for a striker who's not scored so many goals.

But he's young and could develop. But then, who should develop him?😲 Bruce???😄😄

Has anyone seen him play?

What kind of player is he?

Ha. Already gone from done deal to now early talks to sign and Newcastle sources disappointed our interest has been leaked. We have been linked since Feb lol

Fucking squirming away as fast as possible. Charners probably spending tonight begging wolves to buy him instead.

Here we go

Nufc disappointed Hoffenhiem  have made out interest in joelinton public which will draw in other clubs interested in him.  We just couldn't match the offers from clubs in the 4th division of the norwegian league who are so much bigger than us.

Rafa must have known ages ago he wasn't staying if this does go through, because it's quite obvious someone else is recommending this player and someone else is making our signings of the back of the recommendation.Bruce cant know fuck all about this guy, we were linked with him way before the Bruce fiasco.

It stinks of Keegan with Nacho and Xisco signed above his head. Rafa quite obviously wanted to sign Rondon not this lad, but the club see a potential profit strategy?

Curious to wonder who's behind the recommendations? Did the club secretly keep carr on in some sort of discreet role?

Because it's funny theres speak of him returning possibly.

Find it all bizarre.

Rafa must have known ages ago he wasn't staying if this does go through, because it's quite obvious someone else is recommending this player and someone else is making our signings of the back of the recommendation.Bruce cant know fuck all about this guy, we were linked with him way before the Bruce fiasco.

It stinks of Keegan with Nacho and Xisco signed above his head. Rafa quite obviously wanted to sign Rondon not this lad, but the club see a potential profit strategy?

Curious to wonder who's behind the recommendations? Did the club secretly keep carr on in some sort of discreet role?

Because it's funny theres speak of him returning possibly.

Find it all bizarre.

Wouldn't surprise anyone if that's the case. The club is effectively ran from Shirebrook not Newcastle after all.

I don't understand why we seem to have been the only one after him for the last 6 month if he is indeed a quality £36m player and available.

More to the point, why would he come to us... Who's his agent?

The agent link will be interesting to dig into. This stinks of another Xisco.

Guest covmag

Looks like a good player. I'm not in the camp that wants us to do badly so I'd be quite happy with this.

Is there an ignore facility in here lads?(I may be in a few)

Guest chopey

Looks like a good player. I'm not in the camp that wants us to do badly so I'd be quite happy with this.

Is there an ignore facility in here lads?(I may be in a few)

Who said that?  ;D

Class how he's trying to get less :lol:

So he can force a move just after one year

Nowadays the club tends to sell the players 2 years before expiry instead of 1