Joelinton

Stifler

People say that Joelinton is isolated and the system doesn't suite the one striker but honestly when Carroll plays we look fine, Joe is not a striker, he can't strike for once and can't really bring other players into play.

We don't look fine with Carroll either, he hasn't scored any goals at all. He's got a couple of assists, but the football still doesn't look good when he's playing.

When you are recruiting, the striker is the one area where you have to buy goals. When you spend £40m on one, goals should never be in any doubt. Absolutely crazy to be thinking about resale value when survival depends on having an effective striker.

Started pre season well. Regressed as the season has gone on.

Hasn’t shown any of the sort of play he gave to previous teams. Plays way too deep and hasn’t shown any sign of forging a partnership with the other forward players.

I think it’s a case of him not being happy here. Not settled etc. Something isn’t right. You’d expect him to have developed an understanding with the other players after 30 games but it’s not there at all.

both his offside goals were suprisingly well finished today. :lol:

I am just watching that now, they were good finishes.

I can understand why a scout might have thought there was potential there even if I don't understand why we thought we should spend £40m on it.

Nearly everyone saying he's a shit striker, the guy himself probably wouldn't argue. He's not a striker. He's also never worth 40m whatever role he's in but if he supports a real striker from deeper then I think you'd see a much better player.

I still shake my head and laugh when I think this guy cost 40m. If that's his valuation then Shola would be a 400m striker as hes 10x the striker this guy is

We absolutely slaughtered the Hoss and hes light years ahead of this plank. Theres sunday league guys who are genuinely better than this guy and they play overweight pissed and with the lungs of a 60yr old

I still shake my head and laugh when I think this guy cost 40m. If that's his valuation then Shola would be a 400m striker as hes 10x the striker this guy is

We absolutely slaughtered the Hoss and hes light years ahead of this plank. Theres sunday league guys who are genuinely better than this guy and they play overweight pissed and with the lungs of a 60yr old

Fuck off man.

Fuck off man.

I suppose you think the guy is good eh?.

As if anyone genuinely thinks there are Sunday league players better than anybody who features regularly in the Premier League.

Maybe not I've overegged that one but I genuinely do believe theres guys who play in the championship, league 1 and league 2 who are better than him. Theres championship strikers who are streets ahead of him

Fuck off man.

I suppose you think the guy is good eh?.

I can bet my house that you were probably one of the biggest Shola critics on here.

Geordiedean and the Joelinton thread being bumped every week. Name me a more iconic duo.

I think he's pap but some of his criticism is way over the top, even some of the through balls he gets given are too late/not close enough.

Still though, worse than Shola!!!