Joelinton

Stifler

Been thinking about goalscorers signed for nufc duting the mike ashley era.

Can only think of 1? Cisse ?

My memory is s**** but is cisse the only proper goalscorer we have signed permanently in this last 12 years?

Ba

The strikers I can recall we have signed since the fat guy signed us: Ba, Cisse, Gayle, Joselu, Mitrovic, Riviere, Perez, Kuqi, Best, xisco, and Løvenkrands. Then you can argue if they where goalscoring strikers...

Guest godzilla

Maybe he needs to ask the question of the manager setting them up so that ASM & Almiron aren’t having to pick the ball up in their own third, to dribble the ball 60 yards just to get near Joelinton then.

He won't have a go at his mate but some of the points he makes especially concerning Joelington are pretty spot on.

My memory is s**** but is cisse the only proper goalscorer we have signed permanently in this last 12 years?

Ba

The strikers I can recall we have signed since the fat guy signed us: Ba, Cisse, Gayle, Joselu, Mitrovic, Riviere, Perez, Kuqi, Best, xisco, and Løvenkrands. Then you can argue if they where goalscoring strikers...

I would deem a 1 in 2 or 1 in 3 stiker as a proper goalscorer.

Theres not too many in that list.

Still operating in an offensive vacuum, so struggling to blame him (or Almiron or ASM). They all need a system and a coach and a method to work on, now they're just sent onto the pitch by this confused man who then talks about "quality in the final third" and "creative spark" in midfield whenever they fail to register an actual opportunity. That isn't how football works. Everyone with half a brain knows that by now.

Doesn't matter if Cavani is playing up top he wont score with the way we set up and the lack of opportunities and support given to the striker.

To the surprise of no-one Rafa was of course correct. We never should have pissed that much money away on him, especially as our number 9. With decent coaches and players around to protect and support him he might have been worthwhile at 10-15m. We have fucked another promising career though. Congratulations to Soumare for working that out before he made the mistake of coming.

Ba

Mark Viduka was under Ashley as well, right? Free transfer though, just as Ba :lol:

Ba

The first 3 basically, Gayle may be a little bit shit in the Premier league but he was a proper goal scorer in the Championship.

Mitro should have been in the list but he was destined to fail here unfortunately

Keegan would have joelinton with double digit goals and tossing defenders around believing he was the best player in the league - now that is man management.

Best player in the league? KK would have him believe he was the best player in Europe! Such was that mans Gods ability to make players do the extraordinary.

Keegan would have joelinton with double digit goals and tossing defenders around believing he was the best player in the league - now that is man management.

Best player in the league? KK would have him believe he was the best player in Europe! Such was that mans Gods ability to make players do the extraordinary.

Aye, even got Owen playing and scoring regularly during that few months when he first came back.

9 goals for the Hoss already this season:

https://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/joselu-newcastle-messi-suarez-griezmann-17685527

Nee chance Joelinton gets that this season and next.

Nee chance "the hoss" would've got that for us in this team either mind. Never seen a striker more unsuited to the Premier League.

Still a far better striker than joeshinton