Fantasy Premier League (2021/22)

Fitzgerald

This is what I've gone with:

Ryan Steer

Trent, Doherty, Bardsley, Douglas, Mitchell

Auba, Salah, Bruno, Ceballos, ASM

Werner, Adams, Obafemi

Hard to find a good cheap defender/midfielder this year.

Yeah. I’m hoping Brewster gets himself a move on loan to someone like WBA shortly because he’ll be a good pick up for £4.5m to free up an extra £1.5m to £2m for the midfield instead. Can’t see a Cantwell like the start of last season in midfield.

Hard to follow up last seasons FPL (10k) - so might aswell start with a gamble:

Leno/Nyland

Mitchell, Bernardo, TAA, KWP, Doherty

Auba,Salah, ASM, Son, Bissouma

Werner, Adams, Wilson

Is Doherty and Havertz a ridicoulus gamble? Plan is wildcard early on, after 3,4,5 or gameweeks.

Cheers Scott, be sure to bring Mitro on for the last 20 mins so he can get booked 👍

I remember having Aguero as C once, he was benched, City were 4-0 up and he came on the 89th minute, think I had KDB as vice - was on course for a nice 20+ return  - I was fuming - I think it was deliberate from Pep to spite all the FF managers  :lol:

FFS. Toook him out but he is too expensive and I put in Leno, M-N and Auba. 19 from them so far which is decent.

Think Arsenal defence will do well this year as Arteta will have the midfield protecting them more a la Pep and there are some bargains. Holding and Saliba at 4.5m. I imagine Holding will play initially and be replaced by Saliba eventually.

Batman could be a fantastic buy tbh - have my eye on him

Went with him ahead of Mitro.

Think with Palace having a stronger team, and the likes of Zaha and Townsend and Milivojevic on set pieces he should get more chances to score. The manager and most of the players know him already from his previously successful loan spell there too.

I pulled Willian completely to spend elsewhere on the team. Mulled over captaining Auba and decided against it (Vardy better have a stormer on Monday). Also completely pulled the wrong Liverpool full back as far as today's concerned. And lastly decided to leave Bamford on the bench in favour of Mr 2 Points Ayew.

All in all I think week one perfectly sums up how I expect the rest of my fantasy league season to play out.