Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

Just now, wyn davies said:

Be interesting to see if anyone comes in for him as has been mentioned previously, along with what the clubs thoughts would be .

I think he needs to show consistency before anyone is seriously interested that isn't a sideways move for him.

2 minutes ago, David Edgar said:

This was awesome to see in the interview.  Looks like Trippier has given ASM a proper life lesson.

Any where I can see the interview I had to dive out after the game 

He was unbelievable today, so good and did it against the best team in the league. 

A lot of the criticism aimed at him was quite frankly embarrassing, people talking about getting rid and such nonsense 

I'm glad Howe is the manager right now because you know getting rid was not on his mind, rather he's worked on how to help ASM to get even more out of him

I bloody love him and hope he's here for a long time 

I bet Howe bins him next summer if he doesn't maintain his efforts consistently.  Which is what he should do.

Hopefully, he carries on his newly discovered mega professional approach and has a boss season for us.  No guarantees on that, but early signs are promising. 

Is it just a case of ASM putting on a masterclass or are we witnessing the decline of Walker as well? He’s always had pace but surely his legs must be getting close to going now. Other teams will watch that match with interest knowing they can get at city down the left-hand side but none have as destructive a dribbler as ASM

I remember Thomas for West Brom causing Walker all sorts of problems when he was at Spurs but I think a fair few wingers got the better of him at that period of his career. As a full back he’s matured and improved ten fold, but Maxi today took him right back to when he was a young pacey full back learning his position. On the counter we looked sharp and dangerous, well done Maxi. 

Just now, David Edgar said:

Cos we can discuss things like adults and not have to rawk threads.

Who's rawking threads? 

Do people go around expecting the worst thing possible to happen at every turn? Wouldn't be me it would be knackering.

Just felt today of all days, maxi deserves praise for being his absolute best. If by the end of the season this game was the exception and not the rule, the scenario you mentioned could be the reality.

But for now, I'm just trying to enjoy the crest of the wave of optimism.

2 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Is it just a case of ASM putting on a masterclass or are we witnessing the decline of Walker as well? He’s always had pace but surely his legs must be getting close to going now. Other teams will watch that match with interest knowing they can get at city down the left-hand side but none have as destructive a dribbler as ASM

Willock also left him for dead in the first half. Walker is 32 now, so he won't be as quick as he was 3-4 seasons ago.

That shouldn't discredit ASM's performance today at all though. Walker is still a special phyiscal specimen.

21 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

His workrate has been great since the end of last season, Howe really seems to have clicked with him. The Brighton game thankfully seems like a one off in terms of his end product.

I must admit I thought he was beyond listening to anyone, but fair play, he really does seem to have bought in to Howe's methods. Very excited for the future now. He'll have stinkers, all players of that type do, but hopefully his good performances will outweigh them. Other teams watching that will be having nightmares.

4 minutes ago, gbandit said:

Not necessarily the decline as last year I thought he had his best ever season for City and England. Today he had Maxi to stop him moving down the flank and Joelinton cutting off his passing lines on that left side of the midfield 3. Really well played by them and Howe. Cancelo suffered similarly in possession, not so much in terms of being skinned repeatedly but we nullified their full backs brilliantly.