Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

12 minutes ago, Shak said:

Any chance all the "ASM just isn't interested today, might as well take him off" crowd learned anything today?

They'll never learn. About 6 or 7 were poor today, ASM always gets singled out, it's because he is like a golden nugget in a turd. People expect too much, Alimron wasn't great no moaning, Joelinton not great, no criticism, Willock dreadful, his thread no mention, Wood a disgrace, Longstaff average, no thread, Burn nothing to help the winger, no support at all, forcing the lad to get undone sometimes, I'm like ASMs fucking cheerleader, I dont really want to be, but I stay loyal because I can see what the thick cant.

Edited by mighty__mag

It’s a mystery to me why we have to single out anyone as being crap, there’s always positives and negatives in every players display if we look for faults. Good performance and could’ve and maybe should’ve won it without key players.  Just appreciate how far we’ve come and how much better things are and how much better they’re going to get. 

22 minutes ago, Shak said:

Any chance all the "ASM just isn't interested today, might as well take him off" crowd learned anything today?

Doubt it, they have short memories 

In several group chats there were loads of comments about him doing too much, not passing, shooting, blah, blah, blah

It's strange the guy that's actually trying things, whether that is taking people on, having a shot etc is the one that gets the most stick

I'm glad he silence those, however we know the next time he has a quieter game they'll be out in force again

It reminds me of people that used to give Ben Arfa stick but genuine shite like Obertan/Ryan Taylor got nowt

ASM is brilliant in my eyes and I think Howe sees him that way too, he like Keegan/SBR recognises what someone like him can bring to the team

Could have had Semedo sent off if he'd been less determined to do things properly. Can't complain, but a bit of shithousery there would have calmed a few nerves.

Worldie to grab us a deserved point, so I'm happy he's the hero at the end of the day.

2 minutes ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Doubt it, they have short memories 

In several group chats there were loads of comments about him doing too much, not passing, shooting, blah, blah, blah

It's strange the guy that's actually trying things, whether that is taking people on, having a shot etc is the one that gets the most stick

I'm glad he silence those, however we know the next time he has a quieter game they'll be out in force again

It reminds me of people that used to give Ben Arfa stick but genuine shite like Obertan/Ryan Taylor got nowt

ASM is brilliant in my eyes and I think Howe sees him that way too, he like Keegan/SBR recognises what someone like him can bring to the team

Yeah, very similar to Ben Arfa in the way a lot of fans seem to view him.

Quite useful though as you can more or less disregard everything those people have to say about football :lol:

Ben Arfa was a much better footballer and understood how to link in with other players better but I really like ASM. He’s shown glimpses of better link-up play this season and he’s obviously always a threat with his dribbling, just less so when he’s up against a team like Wolves who are extremely well drilled at the back 

Did anyone actually suggest taking him off? I didn't see anyone calling for that, and that would have been mental.

If you didn't like Ben Arfa, you couldn't have liked football. 

In the hubbub of the moment I missed the commentary after the goal of "well lets focus on the negative first" in as downcast a tone as possible.

Aye lets not focus on the great last minute volley initially cos that would be wrong.

Dry your eyes c**t

btw Howe and Tindall giving instructions after the goal is proper studious and encouraging

Guest HTT II

Worked extremely hard, was his usual frustrating self at times, but tried to take on his man, get to the byline and looking for passes all game and scored a worldy, I’d take that every week. He needs attacking help though, at times he had zero to give to or to play in, that’s why he checked back a lot which is a good sign in a sense as normally he’d just try and take on his mind. He was very economical today. 

Guest HTT II
Just now, CPL said:

What was more impressive?

His 25 yard volley or his 70yard sprint defending their disallowed goal. 

Either wouldn't have happened under Bruceball. 

And a 50-60 yard switch ball to Trippier I think?