Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

8 hours ago, TRon said:

Jack Harrison's delivery for Leeds' first goal today is something we don't see enough of from either Max or Almiron. Neither of them arrive at the far post either to support Wislon, no wonder he always looks isolated. No wonder their stats are comparatively poor at this level.

He put in the exact same cross as Harrison from the other side. It was the only attacking highlight they showed in match of the day if you're wondering which example I'm talking about. Unfortunately Wilson didn't get Infront of the defender to poke it home. Was a great cross, let's not ignore things because they don't suit the narrative.

Not criticising his overall play for one minute, I think he looks fitter and is looking to make the pass more often. Early in first half he made a great run right through the middle.. he just waited to make the pass a split second too long and got tackled.. it’s fine margins in this league. With a few tweaks to his game, he’ll go from being ineffective to u playable.

Brighton were very good in fairness, as expected. Not every game will be as tricky tactically.

But that diving shit.. no, please Maxi, if you have someone monitoring twitter or forums, just cut that shit out. It was embarrassing.

In actual fact if he’d just stayed on his feet, he’d have been through in on the box and could have been a chance.

The only wide player I expect an end product from is Fraser. Getting into position for ASM/Miggy/Murphy isn't even half the battle anymore. It literally means nothing, doesn't even make me sit up the ratio of even completing a simple pass in that situation is low.

Think back to your playing days and how bollocked you'd get for doing that even a fraction as much as those guys.

Edited by Wolfcastle

3 hours ago, TRon said:

He's trying tbf, he's just not much good at it. His delivery is generally pish if and when it arrives. His game is more about running and dribbling this way and that. If you want someone to beat one man, or sometimes two, he's your guy.

He has the ability to make something happen so a good player to have on the bench.Yesterday’s game would have been perfect for him to come on and to make something happen.

I have to be honest. He does my head in more than any other player. He goes from unplayable to unwatchable at times.

Sadly, he's our second most threatening player in terms of goals and assists. So unless we get more in, he can't leave. 

If the scenario comes about where we can sell him and use that money to add quality in an attacking area, then I'd do it.

Let's hypothetically say we got 40m for him and that gave us the license to go and get 2 of Maddison, Ramos, Gallagher, Gordon etc, then we should absolutely do it.

1 minute ago, STM said:

I have to be honest. He does my head in more than any other player. He goes from unplayable to unwatchable at times.

Sadly, he's our second most threatening player in terms of goals and assists. So unless we get more in, he can't leave. 

If the scenario comes about where we can sell him and use that money to add quality in an attacking area, then I'd do it.

Let's hypothetically say we got 40m for him and that gave us the license to go and get 2 of Maddison, Ramos, Gallagher, Gordon etc, then we should absolutely do it.

Why ? We would then be in the exact same position we are now as in we would still be relying on Almiron, Fraser and Murphy.

I'd love to see him on the right a bit more. People talk about Almiron being 1 footed but this guy is not far behind. 

Giving him natural angles to pass and shoot with his favoured foot seems like it'd make sense for both our wingers tbh. 

Edit: I'm almost certain he's looked better on the right the few times we've seen him there as well.

Edited by Thumbheed

I'm a big fan of his generally because he's our best attacking outlet and he was great v Forest. I'm not going to get too annoyed at a flair player having a bad game.

I was glad he got booked for diving though. Hopefully it discourages him from trying that shit again.

24 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Why ? We would then be in the exact same position we are now as in we would still be relying on Almiron, Fraser and Murphy.

Replacing ASM with any 2 of those I have mentioned and we have a stronger squad. We'd also replace his output on the field.

29 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I'd love to see him on the right a bit more. People talk about Almiron being 1 footed but this guy is not far behind. 

Giving him natural angles to pass and shoot with his favoured foot seems like it'd make sense for both our wingers tbh. 

Edit: I'm almost certain he's looked better on the right the few times we've seen him there as well.

I was advocating this before the season started.A sort of ‘last chance saloon’. 

5 hours ago, SiLvOR said:

When he's running with the ball, I don't get the same expectation that something is going to happen like I did with Ben Arfa. There's almost an inevitability that ASM will lose it dribbling, or fuck up the final pass/shot. He needs to turn that around this season, I really hope he can.

Does tricks for the camera, not the opponent. Ben Arfa was tearing people's fucking soul out.

22 minutes ago, STM said:

Replacing ASM with any 2 of those I have mentioned and we have a stronger squad. We'd also replace his output on the field.

Not really ? We would lose our only decent attacking outlet from wide areas and be replacing him with one player. We should be signing 2 players and keep him ( which I’m sure we are trying to do).

17 minutes ago, tomlynnherrington said:

I was advocating this before the season started.A sort of ‘last chance saloon’. 

I personally beleive the rumours of a willingness to sell are actually true tbh and I'd not exactly be against it. 

Just looking at some of the most successful front 3s and the common theme seems to be an ability to link up well and it's not something I see with our 3 at all, not even close tbh and imo, ASM is bigger part of that than most would dare acknowledge. 

3 minutes ago, Thumbheed said:

I personally beleive the rumours of a willingness to sell are actually true tbh and I'd not exactly be against it. 

Just looking at some of the most successful front 3s and the common theme seems to be an ability to link up well and it's not something I see with our 3 at all, not even close tbh and imo, ASM is bigger part of that than most would dare acknowledge. 

I fully agree.If he wants to change he could.I’d love to see him give it a go to be honest.I think he’d rather go elsewhere and continue his selfish style of play though.

just came back from the metrocentre. went for dinner. 

maxi walking past us with a group of kids screaming after him.

he went into the temporary Helios pop up store and they pulled the shutter down so the kids couldnt get in.

Adam P though, bloody vip that he is, straight in with him.

some of the kids were honestly more stoked about seeing him than seeing ASM!