Allan Saint-Maximin (now playing for Al-Ahli)

Disco

2 minutes ago, PauloGeordio said:

I’d have no issue with him as replacement.

Just my opinion if our wingers are Barnes and Gordon it’s by far the weakest front 3 in top 5 of 6.

Guest reefatoon
47 minutes ago, TRon said:

Or even an underwhelming one who turns out to be a lot better than many fans might think.

He doesn’t do step overs, they won’t be seduced.

Guest reefatoon
16 minutes ago, TheInfiniteOdyssey said:

Not particularly happy with this. Concerned we’re going to be quite predictable going forward. 

We weren’t last season without him.

2 minutes ago, Erikse said:

£50 mill? Compare that price to Tonali for £55 mill and Maddison for £40 mill.. Don't think we will get more than £40 mill.

50 is mental. Its a no brainer if so. Cant see it.

4 minutes ago, Geordie_once_removed said:

Is it just me or has ASM leaving been discussed so much on this forum that a little part of my brain feels like it has been willed into happening by this disccusion.  So I find myself oddly annoyed at the forum for being responsible.

It really annoys me how people just assumed he was going or it was automatically correct to sell him. 

Even worse with Miggy, guy has just come off the best season of his career in the best Newcastle team we've seen for 20 years :lol:

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

It really annoys me how people just assumed he was going or it was automatically correct to sell him. 

Even worse with Miggy, guy has just come off the best season of his career in the best Newcastle team we've seen for 20 years :lol:

I've actually defended Miggy on here when plenty were slagging him off tbf, but that doesn't mean I can't see his limitations. There are going to be some hard decisions need made if we want to keep progressing.

Just now, Shays Given Tim Flowers said:

Watch ASM v Man City (H) and tell me he's not worth the money. 

Its one game. He was massive against Manu also. Neves has performed for seasons. His attacking numbers are really poor for a guy supposed to be a maverick. I like Maximin but 50m you cant say no to that. 

if it is 40-50m for someone who, as good as he can be, is a squad player who is often injured then its an amazing deal.

For a manager who likes his whole team to press and doesn't rotate unless necessary he is never realistically going to be first choice.  I'll be sad to see him go but it makes total sense financially and in terms of squad building.

In terms of squad building I'm not sure it makes sense, if anything Maxi becomes a better squad member the less we need to rely on him. 

That's the biggest shame for me, I can see him becoming a really useful weapon next season. Optimism bias maybe. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

In terms of squad building I'm not sure it makes sense, if anything Maxi becomes a better squad member the less we need to rely on him. 

That's the biggest shame for me, I can see him becoming a really useful weapon next season. Optimism bias maybe. 

I have to say i disagree.  Its not like he is fit while he is on the bench and then gets injured when playing - he just cant be relied upon to be available regularly