Jetro Willems (now playing for Heracles)

Newcastle Fan

Willems is absolutely class when fit. On a totally different level lol.

Spoken by a man who knows his football, and women.

Not sure they know me though, mate. Except CDB of course  :lol:

Where’s my bloody eggs?

• 5 months later...

"I had great time at Newcastle and for me I want something else. I had a good time in Germany and won some titles and some nice things but I wanted something else.

"Of course Newcastle is a very nice option for me. I was there for a long time - like, half a year - and I was enjoying the moment there. It's a great option and it's a club which knows me, I know them. It would be great to join them.

"To be honest I don't know where everything stands right now. I told my agent - I'm at CAA Base now, a UK agency - I want to go on vacation first and then when I come back I'll speak about clubs, the clubs he has interested and what is going on.

"I watch every Newcastle game and me and Allan still chat a lot. He's a great guy, a great player and in those final games of the season you saw how important he is for the team in a different way, in a different role," Willems says.

"So to see the direction of the fans, it helps you, it keeps you alive. Even if I would put a smiley emoji the fans would say 'That's for Newcastle!' or 'Come back to Newcastle!'

"They are great people in Newcastle. It's nice and I feel like I would love to pay them back for their support."

Some of the key lines there

Edited by nbthree3

1 hour ago, Ketsbaia said:

No room for him, unless they're selling Jamal Lewis

If the takeover goes through, you would like to think there won't be room for either of them. 

Guest HTT II
7 hours ago, Beth said:

Hardly kicked a ball in 18 months, no thanks.

Either has Shelvey… I know who is the better footballer and who I’d rather have in the side. 

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, HTT II said:

Neither has Shelvey… I know who is the better footballer and who I’d rather have in the side. 

:boomboom:

Edited by huss9

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...