Emil Krafth

Nobody

Seems a good lad (another one) and has been more than fine as backup when called upon. Happy for him to be a squad player. If we do manage Europa or Conference, he'll likely get some game time there which will be cool.

Even when he was getting pelters during the Bruce years, I always thought he was actually pretty good at defending. Not exactly Trippier levels raiding down the flanks, but he wasn't the worst either.

It's hard to judge without knowing the wages and our subsequent plans.

But as it stands not thrilled at the idea of almost £3m in wages for him when Tino seems to be more of a backup RB / RB of the future as opposed to the solution at LB.

A good squad option that seems content enough with his current place in the squad and won’t be on a massive wage, good business imo.

Edited by Nine

36 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

I really like him. To be out the team for as long as he was, then to come back and put in a couple of fantastic performances in the way he did was great to see.

The ideal squad player - provides decent cover 

1 hour ago, Lush Vlad said:

Don’t mind it. Looked quicker than I remembered against Fulham. Would be our 3rd choice right back and cover for CB as a kind of 5th/6th choice option.

I guess keeping him as squad filler is seen as cheaper than trying to buy a utility player. That would also be happy as a back up to a back up. 

He was rapid last season too. Wouldn't be surprised if he's among the fittest in the squad.

I'm happy he's staying on. As you say, the combination of quality, price (free plus not ridiculous wages) and psychology (seems good for squad atmosphere and mentally able to be reliable backup to backup) means he ticks the boxes for me.

16 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I like him but I don't know why he's been given a new contract? 

He'll play in the league cup early rounds only.

He's a solid and dependable player, who can cover both RB and CB, you don't get many of them happy to be third choice, and if he's replacing Dummett, it's a upgrade while also creating space in the squad.

7 minutes ago, Paulinho said:

Spinning Krafth signing an extension as an “upgrade” is good going. 

That was a wrong choice of words admittedly, but you get what I mean :lol:

45 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

I like him but I don't know why he's been given a new contract? 

He'll play in the league cup early rounds only.

From what Eddie said in his presser on Friday it was an automatic trigger, although I’m not sure whether the obligation was on our side or his?

32 minutes ago, 54 said:

He's a solid and dependable player, who can cover both RB and CB, you don't get many of them happy to be third choice, and if he's replacing Dummett, it's a upgrade while also creating space in the squad.

Nail on head - he’s effectively number 9 if we go on the basis we need 2 players for each of the back four positions - come an injury crisis (which we are all too familiar with) he becomes very useful 

Edited by Mikky

31 minutes ago, 54 said:

neither of them plays though. Even when we had 3 injuries to defence

Model professional. We won't be able to buy 100 players in the summer so needed to extend with some of the ones whos contract expired this summer. Glad Emil is one of them.

11 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

As I know you know, that more of an Eddie issue though... We just have to hope that changes in time.

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

No harm I suppose, recently he's been decent. Solid enough squad option, hopefully we can get rid of the likes of Dummett and Richie to make some space.

Yeah I'd be more concerned if dummett, Ritchie etc were extended but he's a functional player we could actually use

27 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Krafth has played in 9 of our last 18 games.