Spurs vs Newcastle United - 25/08/2019 @ 16:30 - Live on Sky

We're going to keep losing games, and although we're all pretty certain MA will keep Bruce in place, I really can't help but wonder how ridiculous this whole thing could get.

If we get hammered every week it would be such a farce, and after that Norwich drubbing it's exactly what I expect to happen.

After the revolutionary Sunday training session, I'm sure they'll all come out trying too hard and there'll either be a red card or a monumental cock up as the players go flying in and have the ball casually passed by them.

It's going to be comical.

Shelvey nailed on imo. That's a very good shout.

one of the CB's will go, Schar probably

of all the players atm for no particular reason i feel like Schar is the most pissed off :lol:

Schar has definitely checked out, and I think he did after the first training session with Bruce most likely :lol:

Just watch him for each of Norwich's last two goals. Guy is just lightly jogging around in no man's land without a care int he world as runs and passes are made all around him.

Was also way out of position for Arsenal's goal in the first game, and didn't exactly bust a gut to get back.

We're going to keep losing games, and although we're all pretty certain MA will keep Bruce in place, I really can't help but wonder how ridiculous this whole thing could get.

If we get hammered every week it would be such a farce, and after that Norwich drubbing it's exactly what I expect to happen.

After the revolutionary Sunday training session, I'm sure they'll all come out trying too hard and there'll either be a red card or a monumental cock up as the players go flying in and have the ball casually passed by them.

of all the players atm for no particular reason i feel like Schar is the most pissed off :lol:

Schar has definitely checked out, and I think he did after the first training session with Bruce most likely :lol:

Just watch him for each of Norwich's last two goals. Guy is just lightly jogging around in no man's land without a care int he world as runs and passes are made all around him.

Was also way out of position for Arsenal's goal in the first game, and didn't exactly bust a gut to get back.

Yeah he's gonna go from a potentially 30m rated CB that he was last season to one of those ones they highlight on match of the day going "he's just standing there".

he's a prime example of what rafa was getting out of players, signed for £3.5m wasn't it and not particularly highly rated....1 season of rafa and he's among the best in the league

1 month of bruce back in the bin son

Surely the next box to check in relegation bingo :thup:

Yeah he's gonna go from a potentially 30m rated CB that he was last season to one of those ones they highlight on match of the day going "he's just standing there".

he's a prime example of what rafa was getting out of players, signed for £3.5m wasn't it and not particularly highly rated....1 season of rafa and he's among the best in the league

He's probably been told by Bruce to keep things simple and just defend. Don't try any of the 'fancy dan' passing or getting forward, just clear the ball and let the midfield players do the creative stuff.

I think that would be enough to royally piss him off. He was so important to the way we played in the second half of last season and was given freedom to get forward by Rafa and spray passes about. Bruce won't be into that at all.

He's probably been told by Bruce to keep things simple and just defend. Don't try any of the 'fancy dan' passing or getting forward, just clear the ball and let the midfield players do the creative stuff.

I think that would be enough to royally piss him off. He was so important to the way we played in the second half of last season and was given freedom to get forward by Rafa and spray passes about. Bruce won't be into that at all.

That would surprise me actually, because from what I remember of Bruce as a player he was a ball-playing, get-forward, goal-scoring defender himself. He could play a bit and weighed in with a lot of goals - 13 in the league one year from 31 games.

Still a useless manager, obvs.

I think Dubs is seriously pissed off. Doesn't look to me like he's enjoying it anymore

This as well.

This is why partly give him a chance doesn’t hold water - players aren’t daft by and large they’ll know when they’re being sold a pup.

I think just the difference in environment will be almost impossible for any player who cares about preparation and tactics. You can maybe replace Rafa if he’s doing badly, the team are losing and the players hate him. But to replace him with Bruce when the team is successful and bonded together is suicide.

I think just the difference in environment will be almost impossible for any player who cares about preparation and tactics. You can maybe replace Rafa if he’s doing badly, the team are losing and the players hate him. But to replace him with Bruce when the team is successful and bonded together is suicide.

And hilarious/soul destroying in equal measure.

Yeah, imagine the drop off in analysis, it must be fucking awful.

To an extent there is some merit to the old school way of thinking because it tends to focus on your own game rather than the opposition's - us under Keegan was a prime example of this. We played amazing, attacking football regardless of who was put in front of us because that was our way of playing - I doubt Kev did any analysis of the opposition at all.  I guess Guardiola is the modern embodiment of that, but he also proves that in order for that approach to work in the modern game you need a squad full of exceptional players.

What we have now is a luddite manager and a squad of above average players.  We need that Rafa-esque analysis of the opposition to enable us to compete and the players will no doubt recognise that.  I imagine the standard of everything football-related has dropped significantly and it's probably taken the wind out of the sails for a lot of the players.     

Guest covmag

Think him and Dubs are probably totally gutted that Rafa has gone. And now they are left having to deal with this prehistoric chump.

Pretty sure Sunday will give us an idea of how the camp is feeling.

If the put on a battling display and maybe go down by a goal or two then all isn’t a disaster yet, however get a humping and look like fucks given none and that will finish this lot and Bruce.

Give it 6 weeks and he’ll be told to aim it towards Carroll.

Think him and Dubs are probably totally gutted that Rafa has gone. And now they are left having to deal with this prehistoric chump.

Pretty sure Sunday will give us an idea of how the camp is feeling.

If the put on a battling display and maybe go down by a goal or two then all isn’t a disaster yet, however get a humping and look like fucks given none and that will finish this lot and Bruce.

This is where my thoughts are too.  Kinda looking forward to watching this in a sick kinda way.  >:D

Guest Howaythetoon

Got offered a corporate freebie for this one the other day, against anyone but NUFC and I’d have snapped my mates’ hand off just to experience Spurs’ new stadium, never mind it would have also tied in nicely taking in a long weekend to see some family before some work I’m doing in London on Wednesday. Right now I’m thinking you idiot :lol: but I’m determined to keep my life, emotions, money, time and any interest in football 100% NUFC free while Mike Ashley is the owner. Over the last 3 years Rafa did his best to try and get me hooked again without ever fully succeeding, but now that he’s gone, I can finally shut that door for good.