Tottenham 0-1 Newcastle - Match Thread - 25/8/19

Mike

Guest neesy111

Really good performance, think we could be alright if Bruce just copies Rafa's formation like today

And doesn't try and shoehorn Shelvey into the team.

:thup:

I'm a great believer that the only way to get rid of Ashley is relegation and a prolonged stay out of the premier league, consequently I'm not fussed at all what our results are. Today though I'm quite happy we won, as Spurs were so shit and bereft of ideas that it's good they got what they deserved.

I have much love for a defensive performance like this one today.

Same. A 0-1 smash and grab away from home after a solid defensive performance is the best way to win. I would have been buzzing and out in London tonight after that if not for Ashley

I'm a great believer that the only way to get rid of Ashley is relegation and a prolonged stay out of the premier league, consequently I'm not fussed at all what our results are. Today though I'm quite happy we won, as Spurs were so shit and bereft of ideas that it's good they got what they deserved.

Whenever we get something off a superior team it's always because they played poorly.

As I posted earlier this was as Benitez a performance as we've seen.

Things I liked from today in particular:

1. Dubvraka making a few good close range saves

2. 3 compact CBs clearing, blocking and tackling everything; sets the tone for this club when GK + CBs are on it

3. Hayden looks way better as an anchor; looks like he did last season

4. Glimpses of Longstaff, some really intelligent play

5. Krafth is rapid, and did well considering it was Spurs

6. Atsu super sub back in play :lol:

7. Jo's goal was excellent, he needed that and came into the game more

8. Almiron is a handful, a deflection away from 2-0 IMO

9. Biggest of all, was the team performance - played like 11 men in unison

Guest neesy111

Whenever we get something off a superior team it's always because they played poorly.

As I posted earlier this was as Benitez a performance as we've seen.

:thup:

While around me people went mental at the goal, I felt stupidly distant.

But as the game went on, was I fuck anything other than properly loving it. Cracking result.

I was  the same... decided  to go shopping  way the woman  today

.. didnt even check  the line  up or any thing but came home and seen the last 30 mins or so and was really glad we won

I celebrated the goal like fuck like. Was elated for Joelinton.

Yeah same, happy for him. It is hard not to care about the players and I am happy when individual things like that happen and if people play well and sort of a small nice feeling if we win but don't really give a fuck if we lose.  It's probably the ideal club to support.  Quite happy when good things happen but not arsed when we lose.  I can't particularly enjoy watching football much though which is the main negative of this situation but it doesn't put me in a bad mood if we lose so thats good I guess.  Who the fuck knows.

Purposely avoided the game by going for a walk, however despite the fact Bruce should be nowhere near the club I was happy that my mood wasn't spoiled by another shambolic and embarrassing display.  That's about as far as it'll ever go for me with Mike still at the club.

Things I liked from today in particular:

1. Dubvraka making a few good close range saves

2. 3 compact CBs clearing, blocking and tackling everything; sets the tone for this club when GK + CBs are on it

3. Hayden looks way better as an anchor; looks like he did last season

4. Glimpses of Longstaff, some really intelligent play

5. Krafth is rapid, and did well considering it was Spurs

6. Atsu super sub back in play :lol:

7. Jo's goal was excellent, he needed that and came into the game more

8. Almiron is a handful, a deflection away from 2-0 IMO

9. Biggest of all, was the team performance - played like 11 men in unison

Thought Kraft was terrible. Looked like he was scared of blocking crosses , you cant turn yourself like that, he just got out of the way constantly. And some bog standard efforts to control the ball in our own box. Definitely the weak link in our defense.

Agree on krafth. Wasnt impressed. Early days though.

Like a few lots I find the situation tough. I certainly didn't celebrate the goal much other than saying good for you Joelinton. I'm happy for him and the players that seem like a decent bunch of humans that care.

Its feels similar to the late pardew era but also slightly different. I don't have pardew hatred yet for Bruce. I am sure that will come in time. Maybe I will succumb to mong factor over time and find a way to enjoy it still. Living far removed out of the country makes it much easier to do that.

Wednesday will be a big game for any fence sitters a win against Leicester in the cup would be a massive result for Ashley and Bruce would have more fans onside. The loss wont hurt either to be honest after today.

Will give props to Dummet. Would have put Fernandez in his place everytime but he had a fantastic game today.

As much as I hate Ashley, I have to say I am delighted with this result today. I just cant want us to lose. It's a strange situation.

100%, can't say I am not happy with winning. Fucking hate the state of how the club is run at the moment and how it won't ever get any better under Ashley

But, I am not as confident as others are about needing to get down all the way to League 1 just for Ashley to leave. How can you be so sure we would get a more competent owner and how are you certain we will rise back to this level in a relatively quick time. Look at Leeds, Nottingham etc.

Really shit how the entire thing is at the minute. I won't fund the club and Ashley anymore, but I want us to win.