Tottenham 0-1 Newcastle - Match Thread - 25/8/19

Mike

Doing ok. Krafth worries me.

I thought that, then I looked at how Rose was positioning himself and he’s tucking in so that when he does go out, Longstaff or Hayden can tuck in his place, preventing an overlapping run on the inside from Son or Kane.

Played fairly well, but Spurs can't be that bad again in 2nd half.

Joelinton has been much improved.

Holds it up so well, and can now release it quicker from that as there are actually people around him now.

Really like him a lot, and can only imagine what this guy could be with someone like Rafa.

We deserve to be in front because, in spite of us not having had the better of the possession, we've defended with more grit and organisation and we've been more incisive in attack. Lovely work for the goal from Joelinton and Atsu.

23% possession is disturbing, as I don't think this Spurs lineup is that good at all, but as you say we've still been better going forward, with more shots in total and more on target.

Possession means nothing man, Rafa showed it.

Yeah but this isn't some tactical masterclass, Spurs are just absolutely tragic today.

people going a bit overboard like, we've sat incredibly deep and defended last ditch very well but spurs have started the game without a player capable of breaking teams down when they need one

as for the goal it was a gift, we'll not see much poorer marking in areas like that this season

It wasn't great defending, but bit harsh to say it was a gift  :lol:

people going a bit overboard like, we've sat incredibly deep and defended last ditch very well but spurs have started the game without a player capable of breaking teams down when they need one

as for the goal it was a gift, we'll not see much poorer marking in areas like that this season

It wasn't great defending, but bit harsh to say it was a gift  :lol:

look how much space he's in man, at this level it's a gift

wonder if he meant that first touch to go where it did as well :lol:

pleased for the lad himself like, played ok and i think he's a decent player

We deserve to be in front because, in spite of us not having had the better of the possession, we've defended with more grit and organisation and we've been more incisive in attack. Lovely work for the goal from Joelinton and Atsu.

23% possession is disturbing, as I don't think this Spurs lineup is that good at all, but as you say we've still been better going forward, with more shots in total and more on target.

Yeah but this isn't some tactical masterclass, Spurs are just absolutely tragic today.

Yeah, not sure it we surrendered this amount of possession to this Spurs team under Rafa.

They're missing the likes of Eriksen and Dele who tend to facilitate their ability to keep the ball and move it around. Even their new boy Ndombele isn't playing and he uses the ball really well also.

Think we should have more of the ball against this team, with just Sissoko and Winks in central midfield.

I've got no problems with 23% possession in isolation, like. It's the fact we're forced into such limited tactics by A; a cultural unwillingness to invest properly in the team and B; the unwillingness to employ(/keep) a good manager.

Yeah, not sure it we surrendered this amount of possession to this Spurs team under Rafa.

They're missing the likes of Eriksen and Dele who tend to facilitate their ability to keep the ball and move it around. Even their new boy Ndombele isn't playing and he uses the ball really well also.

Think we should have more of the ball against this team, with just Sissoko and Winks in central midfield.

Yeah agree fully.