Newcastle United 2-2 Manchester City - 30/11/19

Raconteur

Can't believe how poor Man City were. Incredible a team of that quality coming in and not being able to beat Steve Bruce's Newcastle. Shocking.

To be completely honest after the shaky start the few games I've catched from you as of late you've looked stolidly solid.

I don't know. It's all well and good playing this way against the better teams, but then we go and do the same against the likes of Villa.

I think a team with a bot more directness, like Villa were last week, gives us a lot more problems today. City's style is harder to pull off with 10 men defending so deep.

Wish the Militant Mags would stop posting "Get In" when the other team scores and wishing we get beat by double figures.

It's so fucking boring.

Aye, I understand apathy or even antagonism towards the regime, but I can't get behind celebrating when the other team scores like. Even more so when it's one of the plastic, money clubs like City scoring.

Great performance, the team put a massive shift in.

Many on here will be fucking gutted today, enjoy the misery.  O0

What was great about it, we parked the bus at home for 90 mins. :lol:

And still only got a result because they were woeful. Why someones venom and anger would be directed at the fans who have rightfully checked out is beyond me, but it's fitting for Ashley's NUFC.

It was 2-2 , against one of the best attacks in Europe , backs against the walls yep but a great point and a great defensive performance, but like Rafas teams many time, but that’s ok eh cos it was Rafa.

Great result, great battling performance, the misery on here Is funny as fook.

Many on here will be f***ing gutted today, enjoy the misery.  O0

Get...the f***...INNN!!!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic:  :indi: :indi:

Magnificent.

What's different this time?

Erm, Man City and their form?

Get...the f***...INNN!!!

Magnificent.

Probably Steve Bruce, i can't bring myself to want us to lose, i simply can't do it no matter how hard i try. Losing interest is the big thing getting at me.

Still wish he’d been subbed lolololol I’m such a fool

It was a good goal but you weren't wrong.

Good on him for taking the chance, but he was struggling to keep up leading up to that.

Absolutely no idea what Man City were doing defensively to allow that open shot on goal.

Wish the Militant Mags would stop posting "Get In" when the other team scores and wishing we get beat by double figures.

It's so fucking boring.

Aye, I understand apathy or even antagonism towards the regime, but I can't get behind celebrating when the other team scores like. Even more so when it's one of the plastic, money clubs like City scoring.

I've been consistent. I'm not spending any money on the Toon - not going to matches.

I want Ashley out, I didn't want Bruce here. But I can't celebrate an other team scoring against us and I can't wish we'd would lose.

That's a fair position IMO.

It's so fucking boring.

Disrespectful to come on to an NUFC forum calling for NUFC to lose.

As I have said, none of us like Ashley, Bruce, and possibly half the team. Many of us have given up going to games and buying merchandise, but at the end of the day we still want what’s best for NUFC.

And still only got a result because they were woeful. Why someones venom and anger would be directed at the fans who have rightfully checked out is beyond me, but it's fitting for Ashley's NUFC.

No anger from me, I’m just staggered at the posters posting get in when the oppo score, why are you even on a match thread if you hate the fuckers, just don’t get involved.No need .

Get...the f***...INNN!!!

Magnificent.

I can't see us going anywhere so finding the goals and surprise point less enjoyable.

It's so f***ing boring.

Agree with this. I haven’t been to a game after giving up going after Rafa and I think that was maybe the second full game I’ve watched this season. That said despite stepping away it still boils the piss out of me when people are celebrating goals against and losses. Everyone deals with the Ashley monotony in their own ways I guess.

It's so fucking boring.

I've been consistent. I'm not spending any money on the Toon - not going to matches.

I want Ashley out, I didn't want Bruce here. But I can't celebrate an other team scoring against us and I can't wish we'd would lose.

Totally this, stay off the thread if it pains you.

It's so fucking boring.

Disrespectful to come on to an NUFC forum calling for NUFC to lose.

As I have said, none of us like Ashley, Bruce, and possibly half the team. Many of us have given up going to games and buying merchandise, but at the end of the day we still want what’s best for NUFC.

Agreed mate.

Get...the f***...INNN!!!

Magnificent.

That doesn't make any sense.

No anger from me, I’m just staggered at the posters posting get in when the oppo score, why are you even on a match thread if you hate the fuckers, just don’t get involved.No need .

Habit probably, people have been watching and/or posting in match threads for years and might still watch a game. Just because they can't bring themselves to want NUFC to win any more doesn't disqualify them from posting.

It was 2-2 , against one of the best attacks in Europe , backs against the walls yep but a great point and a great defensive performance, but like Rafas teams many time, but that’s ok eh cos it was Rafa.

Great result, great battling performance, the misery on here Is funny as fook.

Similar to Tottenham earlier on this season, these performances are fine and they were good results.

Watch what happens when we go against Sheffield United next though.

We'll setup the exact same way and they'll handle us easily, and ironically will probably have a much easier time beating us than City did.

City trying to play so intricately today didn't work for them with us being so deep, and them having an off day.

It's why we've been dominated by the likes of Norwich and Villa. Think we struggle more against the teams that play a more simple game.

Get...the f***...INNN!!!

Magnificent.

He's asking why one was such a great performance and the other wasn't I believe. Not why someone would want us to win last season and not now. I may be wrong like but that's how I read it.

De Bruyne’s goal has got to be a goal of the season contender, it shouldn’t have stood for the foul in the build up though. VAR bottled that, the referee was awful overall.

Fortunately it didn’t cost us, but it has in the past and it will cost teams in the future. If you have VAR, you need to use it. If you are judging my the mm if someone is offside, then calls like that need to be called out.

It's so fucking boring.

Totally this, stay off the thread if it pains you.

To make it clear, I want us to win games, it hasn't got to the Pardew stage for me yet, although it's getting there. But I don't think we played well today so could care less if we lost. The defence was good mind. On the ball we were pretty poor.

Get...the f***...INNN!!!

Magnificent.

He's asking why one was such a great performance and the other wasn't I believe. Not why someone would want us to win last season and not now. I may be wrong like but that's how I read it.

Nah, it's clearly about being ecstatic 10 months ago but now City's goals were 'get in'.