Burnley vs Newcastle United Saturday 14th December (Kick Off 3pm No TV)

samptime29

Come on Toon cheer me up with a win  :lol: :lol:

You aren't allowed to enjoy winning ffs, didn't you get the memo!?

You’re allowed, I just don’t see how you can.

We need a scrappy 1-0 nil away win to Burnley to cheer us all up.

Yeah the Tories got in, but did you see Andy Carroll mistimed header that beat Burnley?  :lol:

Come on Toon cheer me up with a win  :lol: :lol:

You aren't allowed to enjoy winning ffs, didn't you get the memo!?

I'll say it again, I do still enjoy winning. I just can't enjoy watching it because the football is pretty horrible. The only good bits are when the goals are scored, usually out of nowhere, and the final whistle.

“Ben Dinnery, founder of premierinjuries.com, records injury information for all top-flights sides, working with the medical departments at the 20 clubs in order to compile comprehensive data.

He has monitored a rapid improvement in Newcastle’s injury situation from 2015/16 through to 2017/18; although he does not have exact data for the 2016/17 Championship campaign, the long-term trend shows Benitez has addressed this issue which has afflicted United manager after United manager.

Last term, Newcastle suffered just 29 significant injuries - defined as a player being sidelined for 10 or more days - which is the joint-lowest United have had in their last five top-flight campaigns.

The Magpies also lost just 870 playing days to injury, the fewest since Dinnery began keeping records and only the second time that figure has been below 1,700, while their average return-to-play time was 30 days - the first occasion that has been a month or less.

Perhaps most impressive, however, is the fact that just seven of the 29 injuries - or a mere 24 per cent - were soft-tissue problems.”

Fair enough, good evidence there.

The amount of injuries we're getting compared to when Rafa was here

:lol:

What’s funny about that? It was an issue specially addressed by Rafa. Do you really think that training methods, rest periods, monitoring don’t have any effect on injury levels?

But ManDoon, the players are having more fun in training.

I’m expecting nothing today. With the injuries and lack of viable replacements for the wide players I think we’ll try and match Burnley up like that awful phase in the Pardew era where we tried and failed to copy every team we played. Think we’ll go long ball for long ball and Burnley will be better at it.

That said I could really do with a win after a shit political week/month/decade.

The way to beat these long throwing fucking orcs is to play football and not hoofing. 2-0 to Burnley Mordor.

Also, we were really good when having possession last season when we beat these. Total control iirc.

Wouldn't surprise me if they get more corners and throw ins than we manage to string passes together. Can't wait to watch us play more freely and express ourselves. As pleasing to the eye as a rusty ice pick.