Southampton 0-1 Newcastle United - 07/03/20

Disco

There is no chance in hell them lot would come out as rubbish as the first half. Should be out of sight here.

Fuck off Ritchie and Gayle man. To think these fucks are still here man...

This is about as good a chance to save ourselves from relegation as we'll get. Don't win this and the jitters will really set in.

A point leaves us six points clear and we've loads of teams around us still to play. We're not going down.

We aren't winning these games against teams around us though. When push comes to shove, we could easily lose those 6 pointers.

I think Bruce will be praying we win this one.

True but as of 3pm today we need about eight points from a possible 30 available to stay up. A point away from home anywhere is a solid result for relegation crap like us.

So who gets sent off for us to even it up?

Might not even need to go that far. Reckon that - Almiron and maybe ASM aside - our fitness is so shit by the 70th minute it'll look like us playing a man down.

:nile:

This is about as good a chance to save ourselves from relegation as we'll get. Don't win this and the jitters will really set in.

A point leaves us six points clear and we've loads of teams around us still to play. We're not going down.

We aren't winning these games against teams around us though. When push comes to shove, we could easily lose those 6 pointers.

I think Bruce will be praying we win this one.

True but as of 3pm today we need about eight points from a possible 30 available to stay up. A point away from home anywhere is a solid result for relegation crap like us.

Not when you are playing against 10 men for an hour and miss a pen. Don't win from there and the pyschological damage could be fatal.

Defeat leaves us 5 points clear with an inferior GD., and 5 behind Southampton. It's only a week since we were safe because the gap was 7 points. There is every possibility we are going down.

Guest godzilla

Need Almiron to do more having a shocker today

Almiron shocker? You watched Ritchie, Gayle & Rose?

He’s having a shocker man ffs. Ritchie and Gayle shouldn’t even be in the team. Or are you trying to tell me he was ok that half?

I'm probably in a minority, but I think it is important to keep Gayle on the pitch.  I think his movement and link-up play is important.  His finishing and play under pressure in the box is not sharp, but his attempts haven't been too far from the mark.  I reckon he bags a goal with 2 or 3 more chances.  More likely to get those chances with his superior movement to Joelinton.

We'd walk this game with Rondon or even Joselu.

He’s having a shocker man ffs. Ritchie and Gayle shouldn’t even be in the team. Or are you trying to tell me he was ok that half?

No, just strange to single out Almiron when there's 3 other players having significantly worse performances.

Almiron has been as bad as Ritchie et al.

I'm probably in a minority, but I think it is important to keep Gayle on the pitch.  I think his movement and link-up play is important.  His finishing and play under pressure in the box is not sharp, but his attempts haven't been too far from the mark.  I reckon he bags a goal with 2 or 3 more chances.  More likely to get those chances with his superior movement to Joelinton.

We'd walk this game with Rondon or even Joselu.

You are not in a minority at all.  We have looked far more threatening with Gayle in the team.  It's just people on here getting frustrated at the chances he could/should have scored with.  He hasn't done a lot wrong really.  It is no coincidence that we have created more with Joelinton out the picture.