Coronavirus in football

WarrenBartonCentrePartin

Feels incredibly unfair that we have to play Man City on Sunday (never mind the fact that they've had two more days off for this fixture, as if they needed the extra advantage), while a lot of our competitors will have a nice and cushy winter break.

3 minutes ago, Nobody said:

Feels incredibly unfair that we have to play Man City on Sunday (never mind the fact that they've had two more days off for this fixture, as if they needed the extra advantage), while a lot of our competitors will have a nice and cushy winter break.

They will also have the chance to strengthen in Jan when they eventually play these postponed games.  Massive advantage when you're in a relegation battle.

Edited by duo

26 minutes ago, Neil said:

Given their lack of care for fans, don't rule our postponements tomorrow/Sunday at the 11th hour. Surprised they haven't scrapped this weekend already.

Neil, your a smart guy you know these people only care about money. 

11 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

rather than extending the season push the FA Cup games into midweek and use those weekends to play the unfufilled games

They will and no doubt scrap replays as well.

My boys’ team were meant to play in a tournament on Monday, it’s now been cancelled for Covid reasons. I hope we don’t just start cancelling grassroots sport like previous lockdowns…

Anyone heard much about queues and delays getting in to matches at other grounds this week due to having to show covid passes? Everything moves really slowly in the East Stand anyway because the average age is like 74, so I'm wondering how early I'll have to get there to get in for kick off. 

Strange how all these games we're called off inside a few days,all these players with covid?

Think its more to do with clubs wanting a break before the hectic Xmas period.

Funny how all the non league games went ahead,and Scottish as well.

I wonder?