Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

So Is it fair to say this isn’t going to be a “Man City”, type take over? Ie unlimited funds world class signings billions pumped in to the club and surrounding area?

Doubtful. If it got Rafa back and we grew organically I’d be more than happy.

Fucking perfect, that. :thup:

Guest neesy111

So Is it fair to say this isn’t going to be a “Man City”, type take over? Ie unlimited funds world class signings billions pumped in to the club and surrounding area?

Fucking perfect, that. :thup:

Yeap, I don't think it's a man city type deal.  They'll just see a club who's potential is good to expand on their investment.

That Simon Chadwick is definitely briefing on Twitter that the Saudi involvement will be limited.

So he's changed his mind from no involvement then  :D :D Nobody knows anything about what involvement they will have, but I'm sure it will at some point.

From what I've read, the PIF will come in as an investor after Staveley has purchased the club. Hopefully this is what happens. Apparently this is common in these sort of business deals.

It's all a bit head battering at the minute. There's a lot of information out there today. I just want that fat leech gone.

f***ing perfect, that. :thup:

This!

I just hope if it happens we’re a club with an intention to grow, progress and compete. There isn’t a manager I’d choose over Rafa.

f***ing perfect, that. :thup:

This!

I just hope if it happens we’re a club with an intention to grow, progress and compete. There isn’t a manager I’d choose over Rafa.

Stylistically I'd choose Poch tbh, but I'm not sure he'd have the feel for the club that Rafa brings. Tough one.

Guest Howaythetoon

Money being ‘loaned’ in this way is quite common, its just an extra way of making sure certain things are covered financially for the deal to go through as it involves others and other money, he’ll get it back almost instantly on 100% completion.

Is it like some sort of guarantee that he's not going to back track at the 11th hour?

It’s probably no moe interesting or meaningful than a placeholder type thing for money which shows intent at both ends.

I sold a company once and had to put a percentage into a nominal bank account as my bit which I got back straight away, it was nowt to do with guarantees incase I pulled out but just to legally show my intent too. Knowing Ashley though (or not knowing him), it could mean anything?

I doubt it’s to retain any stake in the club, he can do that easily without putting up some of his own money in etc.

This all looks good to me and will happen soon. Hopefully by the time the season starts again or footy starts back up, he’ll be long gone.

I’m getting Covid 19 on the back of my Toon shirt if it does, only way thus happens. He’s desperate now the cunt!

Back to the money bit, I wouldn’t be surprised if this is an extra way of getting extra money out of the deal that never really existed anyway... it happens regularly.  A nice accounting sweetener...

Money being ‘loaned’ in this way is quite common, its just an extra way of making sure certain things are covered financially for the deal to go through as it involves others and other money, he’ll get it back almost instantly on 100% completion.

Is it like some sort of guarantee that he's not going to back track at the 11th hour?

It’s probably no moe interesting or meaningful than a placeholder type thing for money which shows intent at both ends.

I sold a company once and had to put a percentage into a nominal bank account as my bit which I got back straight away, it was nowt to do with guarantees incase I pulled out but just to legally show my intent too. Knowing Ashley though (or not knowing him), it could mean anything?

You wouldn't pledge the cash to the vendor in this situation though. And the charge clearly talks about a vendor loan agreement from SJHL. So I think there's a bit more to it than putting cash in a blocked account.

Guest Howaythetoon

You wouldn't pledge the cash to the vendor in this situation though. And the charge clearly talks about a vendor loan agreement from SJHL. So I think there's a bit more to it than putting cash in a blocked account.

So what’s it for then? I’m no accountant obviously and clearly haven’t read every detail, but previous owner putting a ‘loan’ in or money in isn’t unique and can mean nothing.

Hopefully this is all positive, but I won’t hold my breath until it’s done! Hard to be excited but it definitely feels like we haven’t been here before.

Wonder if I, like many others would be able to get our tickets back. Had mine 18 years, 153 points. I remember the Trust saying to upload evidence of points etc last summer when there were mass cancellations. Hopefully good PR for new owners to try and help, although the 10k free ticket Mags may now choose to keep theirs....

Hopefully this is all positive, but I won’t hold my breath until it’s done! Hard to be excited but it definitely feels like we haven’t been here before.

Wonder if I, like many others would be able to get our tickets back. Had mine 18 years, 153 points. I remember the Trust saying to upload evidence of points etc last summer when there were mass cancellations. Hopefully good PR for new owners to try and help, although the 10k free ticket Mags may now choose to keep theirs....

What a way to come out of lockdown it would be to be part of a new era at St James.