Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

They will have Jamie Rueben who will know somewhat of running a club.

It could very well be that Charnley jumped before he was pushed. There has been rumours for quite a while that he’s has a job at the airport ready and waiting for him.

suppose he's rather be pushed and paid off.

I get the feeling the Charnley is good at charming people. Rafa said he got on with him well in the early days. I could see him keeping a role for a little while but his decision making days are over.

He might have some use as a club secretary, as he will have an intimate knowledge on the running of the club.

Doesnt really matter what happens with him post takeover. He will be persona non grata.

It’s when not if at this stage. I read somewhere that for the directors and owners test, the premier league look to conduct a face to face meeting.

With the pandemic this will probably be much easier to achieve over Skype. Although I’d imagine our new Chairman is a hard man to get a hold of..

It could very well be that Charnley jumped before he was pushed. There has been rumours for quite a while that he’s has a job at the airport ready and waiting for him.

Well there no one flying in or out of it at the moment so probably as safe a time as any for him to start running it :lol:

I’m a bit in shock that the excitement thats building up inside me is going to make me behave like a prick.

Yep, at the end if the day I won’t be any better than all the other pricks out there :lol:

I’m a little shamed, but hey it is well-deserved for all of us. Also brings back memories from my childhood when I used to edit/alter NUFC in CM to 20-20-20 :lol:

Hmm, leave what's left of the club in the hands of someone like Ashley to abuse indefinitely or accept an owner who has historical crimes but alleges that they are now 'trying to go straight'... I don't see how there's even a choice here. It's also starting to nark me that such a fuss is being made when there's clear examples elsewhere throughout the sport of the exact same issue but nothing has been done about them. I can see the FA shafting this deal for a few brownie points and we'll miss out on a once in a lifetime chance of something amazing happening to the club, it's fans and the whole region. While I was excited last week, I'm now extremely nervous about it happening, I have a bad feeling that it's going to get rejected because of all the bleeding heart liberals whinge-arsing (as I said, I'm of the camp that isn't bothered with our potential owner's historical exploits and am willing to give them a chance to better their profile).

Just occurred to me the things you've grown accustomed to. Charnley has effectively been in charge of the operations at the club for what, six years? Seven?

And I've never heard him speak. I have no idea what he sounds like.

Safe to assume that he doesn't sound like a silverback?

Was there any kick off when Sheffield Utd were taken over?

as said they were in league one and most importantly weren't taken over by the literal saudi state but a private individual who happens to be a member of the royal family (theres 15,000 of them).

Just occurred to me the things you've grown accustomed to. Charnley has effectively been in charge of the operations at the club for what, six years? Seven?

I always imagine he's got a really high-pitched squeaky voice like penfold.

Aftershave counter or PC World?

"Do you know where i used to work..."

I always imagine he's got a really high-pitched squeaky voice like penfold.

:lol:

That youtube video where it's a mock TV show, bloke comes on really squeaky and the presenter is trying to keep his laugh in.  I imagine he sounds like the squeaky guy.

Been told this is all done and dusted, apparently Steve Nickson is back at work tomorrow. Nobody knows what the plans are however, parts of the club need to get back to business in preparation.

Told by who?

The possible takeover was on the 6 o’clock news in Norway :lol:

This shit is going down like  :frantic:

It's time Skjelbred is coming!

Brett Emerton spotted at Jesmond dene house.

Spotted ? Think he's been working there as a Sous chef for about a decade.

Just watch Dangermouse mate, he used to be on there  O0