Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest neesy111

Us potentially becoming one of the big boys has really ruffled some feathers.

The bitter cunts are out in force and because they can hide behind a worthy cause this will get more air time than it really should.

:facepalm:

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as an owner. Highly doubt this Amnesty stuff will change s***

There is no way the Royal family will go through with this without being 100% sure. They would not want to look stupid in the media.

Where was Amnesty when they tried to buy Man United or Liverpool though, seriously.

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as owner, however they aren't owned by the Saudi government.

Amnesty have only come out today, when we're almost finished the deal. Man Utd/Liverpool never got nearly as close as this. Are we seriously trying to suggest now that Amnesty International are also biased against Newcastle?

He's still part of the extended royal family, government and royal family are the same thing there. I'm not trying to suggest bias but where was the outcry from them at Qatar being granted the World Cup? The UAE takeover of City? Chinese and Russian involvement in football? Did I miss something?

Guest neesy111

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as an owner. Highly doubt this Amnesty stuff will change s***

There is no way the Royal family will go through with this without being 100% sure. They would not want to look stupid in the media.

Where was Amnesty when they tried to buy Man United or Liverpool though, seriously.

Sheffield United have a Saudi prince as owner, however they aren't owned by the Saudi government.

Amnesty have only come out today, when we're almost finished the deal. Man Utd/Liverpool never got nearly as close as this. Are we seriously trying to suggest now that Amnesty International are also biased against Newcastle?

He's still part of the extended royal family. I'm not trying to suggest bias but where was the outcry from them at Qatar being granted the World Cup? The UAE takeover of City? Chinese and Russian involvement in football? Did I miss something?

Not sure which rock you were under but there's been huge outcries at Qatar being given the World cup.  Multiple reports on human rights of stadium building there, corruption which took down lots of people at FIFA etc.

He's still part of the extended royal family. I'm not trying to suggest bias but where was the outcry from them at Qatar being granted the World Cup? The UAE takeover of City? Chinese and Russian involvement in football? Did I miss something?

Is this a wind up? :lol:

He's still part of the extended royal family, government and royal family are the same thing there. I'm not trying to suggest bias but where was the outcry from them at Qatar being granted the World Cup?

Here.

The UAE takeover of City?

Chinese and Russian involvement in football? Did I miss something?

Here and here

Not sure which rock you were under but there's been huge outcries at Qatar being given the World cup. Multiple reports on human rights of stadium building there, corruption which took down lots of people at FIFA etc.

Wasn't aware of Amensty International's case with Qatar, but this has changed nothing in terms of events and ownership so far, so I fancy our chances. (Which was the original point).

He's still part of the extended royal family, government and royal family are the same thing there. I'm not trying to suggest bias but where was the outcry from them at Qatar being granted the World Cup? The UAE takeover of City? Chinese and Russian involvement in football? Did I miss something?

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2019/02/reality-check-migrant-workers-rights-with-four-years-to-qatar-2022-world-cup/

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2016/03/qatar-world-cup-of-shame/

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/mde22/9758/2019/en/

https://www.amnesty.ie/qatar-migrant-workers-unpaid-for-months-of-work-by-company-linked-to-world-cup-host-city/

https://www.amnesty.ie/qatar-abuse-world-cup-workers-exposed/

https://www.amnesty.ie/qatar-authorities-must-step-up-efforts-to-honour-labour-rights-promises-before-2022-world-cup/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/10/manchester-city-amnesty-international-football-leaks

Yeah I think you may have missed something

Guest neesy111

Not sure which rock you were under but there's been huge outcries at Qatar being given the World cup. Multiple reports on human rights of stadium building there, corruption which took down lots of people at FIFA etc.

Wasn't aware of Amensty International's case with Qatar, but this has changed nothing in terms of events and ownership so far, so I fancy our chances. (Which was the original point).

There's no issue with this deal going through still.  It's just Bein as a business rightly wanting to protect their interests and content.

The Premier League won't give a fuck what empty promise Bein give.

Bein aren't going to just turn their back on the Premier League, they needs to broadcast it as much as possible, they need football, the country needs football. It's the reason why they bought PSG, and a reason why they have been linked with Leeds, and possibly set to buy them as soon as they gain promotion.

Even if Bein did go through with this promise, theirs Amazon, DAZN, and whatever PIF or other middle eastern countries sports channel there is, ready to replace them. The Premier League could open a streaming platform for the middle east overnight if it was too much of a problem.

I can't help but feel that this is just an article being made out of hairy hands rant earlier today.

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2019/02/reality-check-migrant-workers-rights-with-four-years-to-qatar-2022-world-cup/

https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2016/03/qatar-world-cup-of-shame/

https://www.amnesty.org/en/documents/mde22/9758/2019/en/

https://www.amnesty.ie/qatar-migrant-workers-unpaid-for-months-of-work-by-company-linked-to-world-cup-host-city/

https://www.amnesty.ie/qatar-abuse-world-cup-workers-exposed/

https://www.amnesty.ie/qatar-authorities-must-step-up-efforts-to-honour-labour-rights-promises-before-2022-world-cup/

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2018/nov/10/manchester-city-amnesty-international-football-leaks

Yeah I think you may have missed something

I was wrong and have been short sighted in my desperation of wanting this to go through. What do you want me to say lol

Sheffield's United owner is part of the royal family and holds some position in their government, that much I know.

Guest neesy111

DAZN will be bust within 5 years.  Been burning through cash like a dotcom company.

Right, lost now, whats DAZN ?

Streaming platform.

I think the beIN intervention is likely the death knell for the deal. It gives the Premier League the economic rationale to reject it, in addition to the political cover provided by Amnesty and the general media outcry.

Guest neesy111

I think the beIN intervention is likely the death knell for the deal. It gives the Premier League the economic rationale to reject it, in addition to the political cover provided by Amnesty and the general media outcry.

You're giving the PL for too much morality, they'll see the money and accept it.

AY AND MIKE  pockets a cool 17million sounds about right ;D

You do realise that theirs nothing in their D&O test which suggests this could scupper deal don’t you?

If they rejected this deal because of beIN writing a letter, the Premier League could be sued for a lot of money.

AY AND MIKE  pockets a cool 17million sounds about right ;D

Sick of hearing about this. If the deal fell through because of anything that PIF and the consortium are not responsible for, then the deposit would be paid back.