Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Guest Butcher

Can't even enjoy a potential takeover. This is so Newcastle.  :lol:

Don't believe everything you read. It's that simple :lol:

Could really do with some reassurance from Mr Caulkin right now. :lol:

Caulkins inside track is from Staveley. I'm not sure she can offer much reassurance at this stage as she cannot dictate the timeframes the PL are working to therefore, other than say the deal is where they'd expect it to be, I can't see what information he can get to offer us as reassurance.

Can't wait for this to be over.

I fucking hate our football club.

I mean if the deal fell through then I’m pretty sure she would know about it.

I honestly think we are in the last few days of this, ok so it could go until May 7th (possibly longer if you take into account bank holidays and the pandemic), however the Premier League I believe will want this to be over and done with as soon as possible.

Once they announce the takeover they will have some heat to deal with from the press, however they will be in a perfect position to deflect this by discussing how they are working on getting games being played etc which will at least fill the back pages.

Caulkins inside track is from Staveley. I'm not sure she can offer much reassurance at this stage as she cannot dictate the timeframes the PL are working to therefore, other than say the deal is where they'd expect it to be, I can't see what information he can get to offer us as reassurance.

I'm past caring. Get Ashley the fuck out. Replace him with ten Hitlers, and the family I queued with at North Shields Asda today who let their pre-teen son vape in plain sight. Don't fucking care, get him the fuck out. Sick of every fucking step of this shit.

I honestly think we are in the last few days of this, ok so it could go until May 7th (possibly longer if you take into account bank holidays and the pandemic), however the Premier League I believe will want this to be over and done with as soon as possible.

Once they announce the takeover they will have some heat to deal with from the press, however they will be in a perfect position to deflect this by discussing how they are working on getting games being played etc which will at least fill the back pages.

Well obviously she would know if it had fallen through but nobody is suggesting that.

We are working on the basis the PL checks are either failed or go on beyond the agreed exclusivity period which is why Caulkin has said the sum total of fuck all tonight.

I'm not convinced the PL will rush this one through tbh. Gut feel is that the new CEO will have delayed matters whilst he takes advice and they look at every eventuality of pass/fail.

I'd be surprised if their result was to be announced this week having thought it would be this week at the latest initially.

I have a horrible feeling about this. Pray I'm wrong.

Luke Edwards is a prick, this deal is going through with PCP, we are literally at a stage where neither side can back out.

He is a complete cunt but he's only given a heads up for what is clearly going to be covering back pages tomorrow.

Luke Edwards is a prick, this deal is going through with PCP, we are literally at a stage where neither side can back out.

He is a complete cunt but he's only given a heads up for what is clearly going to be covering back pages tomorrow.

Yeah, because there is nothing else to write about.

I'm past caring. Get Ashley the fuck out. Replace him with ten Hitlers, and the family I queued with at North Shields Asda today who let their pre-teen son vape in plain sight. Don't fucking care, get him the fuck out. Sick of every fucking step of this shit.

Aye agreed.

If he fucks them about, I'd have no problem with the Saudi's inviting the cunt to an embassy of their choosing.

Well obviously she would know if it had fallen through but nobody is suggesting that.

We are working on the basis the PL checks are either failed or go on beyond the agreed exclusivity period which is why Caulkin has said the sum total of fuck all tonight.

I'm not convinced the PL will rush this one through tbh. Gut feel is that the new CEO will have delayed matters whilst he takes advice and they look at every eventuality of pass/fail.

I'd be surprised if their result was to be announced this week having thought it would be this week at the latest initially.

The time period,for the tests has always been 2-4 weeks no one expected it this week.

Yeah, because there is nothing else to write about.

I'd say he's done it more to demonstrate he's on the ball/has sources before the news breaks.

FWIW, I think it is the case that there is more than one interested party.

The pressure on the PL from the Staveley legal team should be fucking immense from Monday AM.

The time period,for the tests has always been 2-4 weeks no one expected it this week.

The Telegraph (Jason Burt) who has lead much of the exclusives on this deal reckoned the papers went in long before many others actually confirmed that they did hence my initial thinking of an earlier announcement.

If personally be stoked if you r got sold to someone other than the Saudis, it would be way better

Aye mate, be fucking great if Ashley was replaced by some American consortium who took money out of the club instead and didn’t bother to invest in the city.

An American consortium would be Ashley’s version of Newcastle with a different name above the door. The target would still be 17th, the cups would still be ignored, Bruce and others like him would still be our manager, and European football would be a tale to tell the grandkids and something they would dare to dream of.

Agreed, the supposed American consortium would be dreadful

He's that young 20-ish fella that we appointed as a scout from nowhere during Wise' tenure..along with Jeff Vetere and that.. He's probably the guy who was sending youtube links to King Kev :lol:

He's had a cracking career so far  :o

https://www.transfermarkt.com/pablo-longoria/profil/trainer/7292

Ashley needs cash so the club will be sold one way or another but THE ONLY WAY it won't be PCP will be if they fail the test which based on their criteria CAN'T HAPPEN and if they did fail them PCP will go after the Premier League and win in court which will fuck them and the league financially as they'll go after them for future lost revenue in which they will use Man City as an example of the purchase price versus their current value and investments PCP plan to make in line with what Mansour did with Man City etc.

Ashley needs cash so the club will be sold one way or another but THE ONLY WAY it won't be PCP will be if they fail the test which based on their criteria CAN'T HAPPEN and if they did fail them PCP will go after the Premier League and win in court which will fuck them and the league financially as they'll go after them for future lost revenue in which they will use Man City as an example of the purchase price versus their current value and investments PCP plan to make in line with what Mansour did with Man City etc.

I think that's a fair summary. It'd be a fucking ginormous call from the new PL CEO to reject the Saudi's.

More so, knowing that Staveley is not to be fucked with from a legal perspective.

Particularly worrying sentence for someone who used to work for Dennis wise

Longoria doesn’t have a professional background in football, but he has a great knowledge of players in Europe, and he became a scout by learning about it and prospective players from the internet.

Yeah, it has mostly been fan expectation/hope that it would be this week.

I believe when the guy who bought a stake in Southampton a couple of years ago came along, he announced that he was going to buy a stake in the club subject to Premier League approval, and the next announcement to say that it had been ratified took about 4 weeks.