Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Bearing in mind caulkin said Staveley was told last weekend the checks could be done by Wednesday, are we to assume that since they are still ongoing that some sort of issue has come up.

Do we know they are still ongoing?

Think it’s a safe bet considering no one has been informed otherwise.

Bearing in mind caulkin said Staveley was told last weekend the checks could be done by Wednesday, are we to assume that since they are still ongoing that some sort of issue has come up.

Was Wednesday specifically mentioned?

Yeah by Caulkin

Yes but money has to be in MA's bank before Saudi's will allow it to be announced.  We've know this for ages.  Premier league won't comment on it.

Yeah by Caulkin

Yes but money has to be in MA's bank before Saudi's will allow it to be announced.  We've know this for ages.  Premier league won't comment on it.

No but Caulkin has been told every step of the way regarding what stage it is at, and he said if he knew the checks had been passed he would have told us.

Yeah by Caulkin

Fair enough. Missed that.

I remember him saying it "will" be done but didn't see Wednesday mentioned specifically.

Yeah by Caulkin

I remember him saying it "will" be done but didn't see Wednesday mentioned specifically.

Yeah he said it last night when referring to his original comment.

Yeah by Caulkin

Yeah he said it last night when referring to his original comment.

:thup:

No concern from my side though. It's just going through the process as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah by Caulkin

He said it could be done by Wednesday but he's not giving that as a definitive. I've just listened to that bit of the podcast to make sure.

I think it's safe to say the directors test is either very close to concluding or it already has based on what Caulkin said. It's going to be next week, possibly even the week after before we hear anything but everything still points to this getting the green light.

I'd imagine a) the original "Wednesday" estimate was just that, and/or b) the PL are dragging their heals a bit to make the whole thing look more thorough, and probably seeking some assurances about the fight against piracy going forward.

This place is gonna be fucking mental at 14:55 onwards, and I cannot fucking wait.

Because of HTT? Come one it’s clear he’s on the wind up. He says he bet on it at the bookies. No such market exists ffs :lol:

:lol: I'm not sure there's a better way to get through the lockdown than this thread.  It should be published in years to come, with further volumes available to enthusiasts to explain the backstories and motivations of posters

Delaney has good points but has probably just been saying the same thing for too long so doesn't really consider how best to communicate and get the audience he needs on-side. A bit like many political journalists with Brexit. On the face of it, shaming fans on Twitter seems a bit of a waste of time of his cause, and I can see why that comes across that it's more about him than what he's trying to fight.

Agree with this.

I'm more likely to double-down against him, even though I can see the merits in his argument - the way he is going about it is completely counter-productive.

Just comes across as a total cunt.