Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Edwards saying selling side saying price has not been agreed wtf man

The usual, same as always, lies from the Ashley side.

Simply . . . he has changed his mind, as usual !!!

It’s not even lies by Ashley’s side, it’s lies by Edwards.

You don't know this.

You have said the same repeatedly for years through numerous Fakeovers.

When has Edwards been right about anything?

He’s had an easy job because being negative to wind up supporters during an Ashley tenure usually pays off as being correct.

Well he's been right by downplaying all the other takeovers sadly.

It’s been playing out for over 3 weeks now.

Which is fine, considering it's been said repeatedly that it could easily take 4.

:thup:

We're always going to get negative press reports with suggestions of potential reasons of why it could fail. Let's face it, theres nothing else sports wise really going on. Just chill people.

Would not shock me if mike ashley wants the sale to go as far as possible and then try and hold it hostage and get another £50m when they're desperate or something. But regardless, it's clearly too far down the line for much to stop it

Edwards saying selling side saying price has not been agreed wtf man

The usual, same as always, lies from the Ashley side.

Simply . . . he has changed his mind, as usual !!!

It’s not even lies by Ashley’s side, it’s lies by Edwards.

I have faith in you, I'm sure you are correct, it will be Edwards at fault.

Shows how easy it is (for me anyway) for 'panic' to set in !!!!!!!!!

Yeah but how can the selling side have doubts about price being agreed if it has got to this stage, surely it’s impossible to get to this stage without it.

IT IS impossible. Just ignore it man, honestly. You're going to give yourself an ulcer.

The facts are there is documentation at companies showing the deposit being paid, and confirmation in the PL reply to Amnesty last week, that the tests were underway.

Just chill out.

Playing devils advocate a bit here, and expect to get it from all quarters for this post, but:

The only info we have that the tests will be passed has come from Caulkin via Staveley. Now they should have done research etc to be confident they will pass, but they cannot guarantee this.

Sheff Utd are owned by the Princes cousin. The prince can/has randomly imprisoned members of his family...could he pressure the other Prince to influence the outcome of a game? Is there any previous examples of this close an ownership of 2 clubs in the same league? Can anyone find some evidence that suggests this is allowed?

Now I'll caveat the above by saying most of the noises coming from the press would suggest there have been "no red flags", but this is the same press that many on here lambast for knowing nothing. I'd like factual information that shows 2 cousins owning clubs in the same league is OK, not abuse or ramblings.

I'm pretty sure the lawyers of the buyers knew all of this before advising the buyers to pay a £17 million deposit.

I've already pretty much stated that in my post.

However, this is a pretty unique situation.

FWIW of course MBS can pressure the Sheff Utd owner into doing whatever he likes....I fail to see how this wouldn't be an issue sadly.

So he can also influence the management and the players?

Doesn't have to, only has to be able to influence an owner.

Anyway, like I've said, the papers etc don't seem to think it's an issue. It's just, looking objectively, I fail to see how he doesn't have the ability to influence another (less powerful) prince. I'm just thinking out loud really.

Hopefully if it was an issue, he'd just influence the other prince to sell Sheff Utd though  :lol:

Well a few things about the whole theory.

He's jailed other royal members he saw as threats to his power, not quite randomly as you stated. Competing against a team 80% owned by the PIF - which he chairs but as far as I can tell doesn't deal with the day to day on anyway, that's Yasir somethingorather - is not a threat to his power.

As well, let's accept the PIF is doing this as a sportswashing exercise. Turning around to jail/intimidate a cousin owner of another team in the league wouldn't be very smart.

Lastly it's not going to be him running things day to day. The club consumes our daily waking lives, not his. I'd stake my life MBS is in no way going to obsess as we would if we owned it.

Let's be honest, it would be canny funny on some level if Ashley called it off now.

I really wouldn't put it past him calling it off and saying they took too long.

Guest godzilla

Let's be honest, it would be canny funny on some level if Ashley called it off now.

Aye certainly would be for you hilarious

Doubts on the selling side that they've agreed a price?

I mean, I know Mike Ashley is the most stupid billionaire ever, but not knowing if you've agreed a price or not?

The man must be mentally retarded.

Would not shock me if mike ashley wants the sale to go as far as possible and then try and hold it hostage and get another £50m when they're desperate or something. But regardless, it's clearly too far down the line for much to stop it

Like Mike Ashley would try that with the Saudis ?

Edwards back tracking already.

Got his attention that he’s needed, now he needs to make it look like he never said that so when it inevitably goes ahead, he can’t be called out on it.

Doubts on the selling side that they've agreed a price?

I mean, I know Mike Ashley is the most stupid billionaire ever, but not knowing if you've agreed a price or not?

The man must be mentally retarded.

Or Luke Edwards is being a WUM (as always). Just ignore it.