Various: N-O has lost the plot over potential end of Mike Ashley's tenure

Jinky Jim

Is it possible they are waiting for lockdown to be lifted before announcing takeover is complete.  Maybe they want to be seen at SJP with the keys and a few bottles of bubbly?

Possibly. Caulkin hinted at this about a month or so ago.

Myself, I think that if it has been completed in the last day or 2, then they will be reluctant to do it on a weekend as theirs a chance some fans might either go to the stadium, or have house parties with friend.

I guess announcing I t at the start of the week or during the middle of the week would reduce this a bit as some people are still out at work.

Beautiful morning in NE25 hopefully no dramas in takeover world today !

Stunningly sunny in NE30. Another week to wait.

AND a great morning here in sunny Newcastle 3.

Next week it will definitely happen, definitely (I think . . . )

:D

Maybe the back end of the week. Was told from a good source it was always going to be middle of May so no drama required yet (although still crosses fingers!)

Is it possible they are waiting for lockdown to be lifted before announcing takeover is complete.  Maybe they want to be seen at SJP with the keys and a few bottles of bubbly?

Possibly. Caulkin hinted at this about a month or so ago.

Myself, I think that if it has been completed in the last day or 2, then they will be reluctant to do it on a weekend as theirs a chance some fans might either go to the stadium, or have house parties with friend.

I guess announcing I t at the start of the week or during the middle of the week would reduce this a bit as some people are still out at work.

Tuesday morning it is then.....shitiest time of the week ?

You’d have to be a daft cunt to be honest to even think this isn’t going to happen soon, never mind actually believe it’s not going to happen at all.

This represents to the PL itself an investment in them just as much, their brand and promises them increased reach, revenues and potential future deals down the line. The PL let’s not forget is also a business, and is actually no different to our would be new owners in that their business model is very much up for sale, to be bought if not out, into and where the spoils can be shared, as long as they have the bigger cut or their share is at the cost of others, namely us fans who lose our clubs, who the PL really couldn’t actually give a fuck who comes in as long as they have a big wad of money and will spend spend spend and they can tax and use to reach out to more and more markets across the world.

They need this takeover just as much and more than most, they need an injection of fresh cash into their league, they need fresh blood who will come in and bring with them not just money, but an audience, which they can tap into and sell themselves to. Fresh blood who can expand their grip on the game, strengthen their brand and popularity in Europe which the more their clubs are able to outspend those from other leagues on players and are more able to outcompete everyone in Europe, the stronger the PL becomes. The longer they stay in power, the richer they get, the more powerful they end up.

That’s what got them there in the first place domestically and keeps them as king of all, even the FA itself who are to the PL what Charnley is to Ashley, their/his bitch. Sit BOOBOO, good dog.

Others in the PL can piss and moan all they like, but you don’t say no to someone with money to spend, no matter who they are and whether they spunk it all away without a return or if they ruin a club, financially or otherwise.

Eventually, some other mug will just come in and take over again and again anyway, whose investment one way or another, leads to an investment in the PL either way, the richer the better, the bigger the better, the more the merrier.

They will be hoping MA with his ‘winnings’ buys another PL club and if not one of theirs, a club they would love to join them when they end up losing someone, but only if that club helps them bring in the money.

Less NUFCs and Villas making the EFL money while the likes of Norwich bring fuck all in. If only Delia sold her shares to some loony Chinese Bloke. Wanna change the club’s colours, badge, rename the stadium, sell the academy and bring in players your mate is the agent of? You do that son, because that’s none of our business, our business is collecting da rent. If you can’t pay it now, don’t fret, we know you’re good for it and you can always take it out the club and get fans to pay extra for tickets. If they tell you to fuck off, there’s thousands of husbands who would pay anything to get away from shopping with the wife on a Saturday. And on other days, we’ve thought about that and fixed it, Sunday’s, Monday’s, Tuesdays every day they can spend their money with us still.

Fit and proper persons test... thump, stamped for approval, welcome to the club, you’re now part of the football family.

All well and good, very logical. However you haven't factored into the equation that this is Newcastle United. The club that doesn't do logic. The club that routinely snatches defeat from the jaws of victory. So with that in mind it's impossible to ignore the nagging feeling that this will end up as another shambles. Are we really about to become the richest club in the game? Becoming a serious player on the world stage? After the last 13 years of torment it's difficult to believe we are on the cusp of such a monumental turnaround. So until it is confirmed there will always be that horrible dread that it will all turn to dust once again.

Imagine thinking that the PL would dare call the defacto ruler of one of the richest and most powerful nations, 'unfit for purpose' to own our club.

He basically owns an entire country ffs

It would be so Newcastle United to announce the sale is complete on a weekend when people least expect it.

It would be more Newcastle United to announce the sale was off on a weekend when people least expect it.

It would be so Newcastle United to announce the sale is complete on a weekend when people least expect it.

It would be more Newcastle United to announce the sale was off on a weekend when people least expect it.

This. The most Newcastle United thing would be for Ashley to announce he is staying.

Leaving us all looking like the biggest fools in world football.

Guest godzilla

This. The most Newcastle United thing would be for Ashley to announce he is staying.

The only way he is staying is if the Premier League knock the takeover back or if the remaining amount is not paid into his account. He would be facing a massive lawsuit if he 'announced' he is staying when a legal agreement is in place.

The only way he is staying is if the Premier League knock the takeover back or if the remaining amount is not paid into his account. He would be facing a massive lawsuit if he 'announced' he is staying when a legal agreement is in place.

OK I'll entertain you..show me actual evidence that a legal agreement for the sale is in place that he can't back out of. The document uploaded to companies house does not prove a sale is agreed with no way for him to back out. We are led to believe he can't back out by the same press that has led us to believe he has been about to sell for 12 years. But I haven't seen irrefutable proof of this, and neither have you.

Guest godzilla

OK I'll entertain you..show me actual evidence that a legal agreement for the sale is in place that he can't back out of. The document uploaded to companies house does not prove a sale is agreed with no way for him to back out. We are led to believe he can't back out by the same press that has led us to believe he has been about to sell for 12 years. But I haven't seen irrefutable proof of this, and neither have you.

So the Premier League are going to waste over 3 weeks and have lawyers going over every detail for a sale that hasn't been agreed. Aye right  ;D

What proof can we possibly provide? The actual SPA documentation showing Mike Ashley cannot pull out?

Russel's teapot here - the burden of proof is on you.

What proof can we possibly provide? The actual SPA documentation showing Mike Ashley cannot pull out?

:lol:

After failed takeover after failed takeover, it would be reasonable to wait for irrefutable proof before declaring that we are sold.

I also haven't stated that there Ashley can back out, just that it would be sensible to wait and see how this all plays out. It's Godzilla who is convinced of something he can't prove...reminds me of BZG last year now come to think of it.

The fact is none of us know whether it's legally binding for Ashley to be forced to sell or not.

But oh no...

After failed takeover after failed takeover, it would be reasonable to wait for irrefutable proof before declaring that we are sold.

I also haven't stated that there Ashley can back out, just that it would be sensible to wait and see how this all plays out. It's Godzilla who is convinced of something he can't prove...reminds me of BZG last year now come to think of it.

The fact is none of us know whether it's legally binding for Ashley to be forced to sell or not.

But oh no...

Yes, and I'm asking what proof do you want?

The PL have already confirmed that this is being reviewed by them, so we now know an SPA has been agreed - it would not get to the PL had this not been in place. That is a fact.

What are you implying with that in bold then?

BZG didnt get to the PL stage. The PL openly denied it.

Guest godzilla

But oh no...

You are an absolute clown